Sign in to follow this  
russdabuss

Shipping Wall Word/Vinyl

I was thinking of maybe getting into this end a little for testing the waters.  Those of you that do these wall words and sell them in the internet. How do you ship them, especially when they get to be big in size? I would think rolling it would be best :huh:??

Thanks for ideas

Russ

I would definitely send them rolled.  USPS offers free 'tubes' for shipping as long as you send it priority mail!

Jenny

I bought some wall words before I got some vinyl for my cutter and it was shipped in a round tube.  They had cut the tube to only the size needed for shipping.  I thought that was pretty clever.

I bought some wall words before I got some vinyl for my cutter and it was shipped in a round tube.  They had cut the tube to only the size needed for shipping.  I thought that was pretty clever.

If you live near an upholstery shop ,they will usually give you cardboard tubes for free just to get rid of them. I heated my shop one entire winter just by burning the ones I had accumulated. Usually they are 54-56" long,but easy to cut down and VERY sturdy.

u can allso find tryangel long and nerrow in e bey(tryangel caboard)

u get it clean and u can stick your logo on it

i dont know the sizes ull have to check

be sure to roll it with the vinyl side out and would be good to include some install instructions and a cheap squeegee with it also. you can get some cheapo squeegees fro around $.59 each that and add your logo to them that would make the whole package look more professional.

Ham... little things like that impress customers and either keep them coming back, and spread the word about customer service!  :D :D

Since my first original post here, I have bought a couple dozen to have handy, just for such occasions!  Or where people want some store front lettering to install themselves!

good idea on the custom squeegys, and also stick a warning in there the you will recut them for a small discount if you are willing to if they F#$% it up. I am doing a 48" x48" design for a customers wall from orcal 631 in two slices on my 24" cutter I was thinking about sending it with opaque tape just because its more pliable, anyone have thoughts on that idea?

Wayne

New at this.  What type of vinyl would you buy for wall art?  WHat type for car windows?  Thanks for the help.