Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyMeMe

New MH-871, need help

Ok, I got my new machine, I have started to unpack it,

I only see one small driver disc, no sign blazer disc, I went to web site and dowloaded it, would I have gotten a manual with it , if it would have been in the package?

Ok, now i turn Computer around Vista.

Lots of usb, ports but no serial or parrel, actually the serial port is being used by my flat screen.

So I will be going with Usb, is that Bad?

Any help will be good,

I need help fast if anyone can help.

Thanks

I had nothing but trouble using serial connection, everytime I rebooted my comp. it took forever for the computer to see my cutter. I finally hooked up the USB and have never had a bit of trouble since.

Dave

Ok well that is a good thing about the usb,, I am trying to gather this info, so i can get my cutter going this weekend,, i downloaded the sign blazer from us cutter site,, and waiting on reg #,

Should i put the driver cd in or download from a site and if so,, could someone post a link, to it,,

It is a new cutter, so not sure if the small disc is the right one or not,,for the drivers i think if i plan all this ahead of time of turning it on,, I will be ready to roll, I will try the usb,, then and i do run vista.

I am so excited this machine was packed so well, and it seems i am only missing the signblazer disc,,, otherwise,, all the cable were there,

So let me know if anyone does, if i should use the lil driver disc, or the one to download, i set the setting to

MH-721, and USB so far,,

Let me know if that is right too

Thanks

Sandy Jo

ok, I am connected, and usb is talking to the cutter,,

Yahoooo

Now I am new to vinyl cutting so either i have to much force, I am cutting easy weed, force is at 100

not sure if it is a force or weed deal,

but it cut all the way thru the vinyl, and clear mask.

so is it my force or my blade?

if i can get this right, I think i have it, licked,, yahoooooo

so anyone please help me out, i am way new to vinyl cutting, and need a lil help.

Thank you

Your blade is sticking out too far. You should just barely be able to see it.

Thanks Jay,, Iwill try that , and adjust it, and let you know tomorrow,,

It is sticking out just a lil tiny bit,, I actually had to put reading glasses on to see it, but i will give it a lil more of a adjustment,, and i am gonna adjust my force too and speed,,

Thanks for the suggestion,,

I had the blade right, but adjusted the force and all is good,, i am cutting.

Guest Dr_Jeff

Ok well that is a good thing about the usb,, I am trying to gather this info, so i can get my cutter going this weekend,, i downloaded the sign blazer from us cutter site,, and waiting on reg #,

Should i put the driver cd in or download from a site and if so,, could someone post a link, to it,,

It is a new cutter, so not sure if the small disc is the right one or not,,for the drivers i think if i plan all this ahead of time of turning it on,, I will be ready to roll, I will try the usb,, then and i do run vista.

I am so excited this machine was packed so well, and it seems i am only missing the signblazer disc,,, otherwise,, all the cable were there,

So let me know if anyone does, if i should use the lil driver disc, or the one to download, i set the setting to

MH-721, and USB so far,,

Let me know if that is right too

Thanks

Sandy Jo

Sandy, the developer of the software passed away, the company seems to be in legal limbo, if you are waiting for a reg number you might pass away before it happens, there are none being issued, the website is down, just click thru the trial buttons, & the software works completely fine.  Look at the post with the Subject Jerry Bonham in the sign blazer section.

thanks, i found out the owner passed after doing some research, thanks