hobbymom

Running Signcut without Internet?

I am going to do a show and I nedd to use my cutter and computer. They dont have an internet connection there. I am still confused as to why I even need the internet. It is only plugged in through the USB and into the power outlet. Where the heck does the internet come into play?? Anyways, I didn't want to pay the extra $240+ for the dongle. Can anyone tell me away around this or another program I can use to cut offline???

Thanks!

SignCut just needs the internet to connect to SignCut's server and verify that you are registered properly and not running a bootleg (copied) version.

Flexi Starter8 sells for about $150 and comes with a dongle. You can also click on Help and then Simulate LE mode to do basic cutting without being online in SignCut.

Okay, let me make sure I understand this correctly. . . I only purchased LE. So, I should be able to run it without the internet connection, RIGHT??

I am going to try!

Thanks!

seriously,if you plan on doing shows,etc,purchase Flexi Starter.You willl be happy you did.It has features that even the hig-end signcut doesn't have.And it is SO easy to use.

SignCut is for the birds, run Flexi or WinPCSign... A FULL version of WinPC with all the trimmings is still way cheaper then using Flexi starter...

Ok, not cheaper then Flexi starter... but cheaper then a full version of Flexi...

I love my WinPCSign...

Okay, okay! I will look into all of those. I like my software just fine. All I am cutting out is words and some images. I use Inkscape and then I have no problems with my singcut. Maybe I don't know what I am missing??? I will look into those other products though!

Thanks!

I could be wrong but I seem to recall someone else asking the same question,about running without an internet connection. I also seem to recall that you CAN run the LE without internet.Correct me if I'm wrong,Ken.

LE does not need an internet conncetion to run, but is very limited in functionality.

Thank you guys so much!

So, I am using LE and there must be functions that SignCut can do that I don't use. I just cut out text mostly!! Are there functions that are really benefical for me that I should be using?? I wish there was better instructions. I apparently don't know what I am missing out on!

In LE you will be missing the preview feature, rotate feature, and a few others that are nice to have, but if you can cut your text without those added features, then you should be OK.