Benr98

Our first 4 color shirt...some errors

Our daughter created this design, so we tried it, other than some shrinkage, found an error when doing it on a black shirt....the white needed to be made wider.....oh well live and learn.

The colors are much more vibrant than shown in picture.

Ibudcolorshirt.jpg

Nice design Jenny. It is good to be able to see it on a shirt, I remember the design from the early stages. I like the shirt a lot.

Next time dont punch the white areas, just place the white on top of the Ipods. I dont punch unless really necesary.

Thanks Joe!  I know you saw the early stages of design...she is thrilled to see it on a shirt.

I'm not 100% sure what you  mean about not punching out the white...please explain..thanks so much

Those neon colors were not easy to work with, sometimes it didn't want to stay stuck to the shirt, had to reheat and it would stick to the backing..  :thumbsup:  It was definitely a learning experience.

Ok, you have a pink iPod with a white screen. See attached pic. Black represents t shirt.

If you reserve the screen area in the ipod (left ipod), it will be extremely difficult to fit the screen unless as you said you cut it bigger.

If you put a solid pink ipod (right ipod) and place the screen on top, you will have no problems.

Joe

post-1068-12986525849672_thumb.jpg

post-1068-12986525863465_thumb.jpg

Thanks Joe, this actually was not an easy design to press.  You still have the circle part in the ipod, etc

When the white was placed, it took care of all white IN the ipod plus the arms and legs.

I really don't see me trying to mass produce those babies...lol.

But I do understand now what you are saying and would make it ALOT easier for the screen on the ibud, thanks I appreciate your feedback!

Jenny

PS...end result one happy daughter!  :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Nona! My daughter Sarah designed it on her computer and we cut it out and pressed it for her.  She loved seeing her design 'come to life'.  She has ALOT of designs waitting to be cut.  To bad she's not a paying customer...lmao.

Jenny

Ohhhhh I see now why it was sooo hard to make.

Well. If it was me, I would have cut each white element apart, then place them by hand, because that way I would save much material, because by cutting it (the white) as you did, you are wasting a lot as you have to throw away all that is between the arms, feet, screen and buttons. As there are only 3 ipods, I would have cut 3 screens, then 3 circles, then 3 sets of arms and 3 sets of feet.

I just wanted to show you how I would have done it and Im not trying to tell you it is the right way or that you did it wrong.

As I said, I do like the en result.

Joe

I like the way Jenny did it. Having the white under the flourescent colors make them stand out more. Also having the white a little smaller than the colors makes it look like there is some shading or gradation. If the corners on the white under the colors were rounded it would look great. (Not that it doesn't already.) Like shading from the rounded corners on the MP3 player.

LOL...thanks Jay...........we realized that about the white AFTER pressing, so we told our daughter that it is just showing the mp3's underwear!!! LMAO

No Joe, I didn't take what you said as being negative, but as another option,  I understand EXACTLY what you are saying..it definitely would have saved some vinyl, doing it your way.

Just didn't trust that we would place it correctly, so we went the 'easy' route...if you want to call it that...lmao.  :thumbsup:

But I do appreciate any and all input....it's truely a learning process...that I'm lovin, by the way!!

Thank you all.

Jenny

LOL...thanks Jay...........we realized that about the white AFTER pressing, so we told our daughter that it is just showing the mp3's underwear!!! LMAO

Who lives in a cubicle under the tree, iBud, Square Pants!

LOL Jay u too funny!

ROFLMAO....Jay you just made my day!!!  :lol:  Thanks

Will be making some changes to the design this morning and pressing a new one this afternoon, will post updated pics here later.

Thanks everyone.

looks good to me! I have no idea what you are talking about in technical terms...and have never actually seen an ipod except in pictures...but the shirt looks good.