Sign in to follow this  
charlie_b CFXPaintworks

Woohoo! One Month!!

One month from my ebay heat press and POOF it went up in smoke.  The dude i bought it from wont return my emails so i figured it is a lost cause.  Now for my question to the pros...

I am in a market for a good press...i have gotten a good price on a 16x20 might press for a lil over $800.  I am also reading the Sunie is decent.  Should i save the $$ and get a sunie or stick with the mighty press?  The last time i stuck with a cheap brand.it lasted a month.  But if the quality of the Sunie is up to par according to everyone...ill consider it.  Thoughts are welcome and thankyou in advanced.  =)

Mighty Press all the way!!!

For as much as you use yours...I say get the Mighty Press.

Just my 2 cents.

Mighty Press all the way!!!

For as much as you use yours...I say get the Mighty Press.

Just my 2 cents.

i agree if you have the extra cash. mighty press is my next press :thumbsup:

Whooooo,(wiping sweat off brow) I almost bought one of the ebay ones, I bought a sunie and like it so far( ive pressed one shirt and waiting on some thermoplex plus)

Hey Charlie, remember this one? It's a  Siekie, I've heard of Sunie Siekie, and just Sunie, but this one is alot more heavy duty than what the other two appear to be, it may be a commercial model?:thumbsup: Don't know, I haven't seen the others in person, it works good, and like I said, plenty heavy duty. But, if I was going to drop a grand or so on a new one, go for the auto open, sure wish mine was.  Mike      http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,8164.0.html

Guest fivestar

I have a 16x20 mighty press and wouldn't change it for anything. 

no where near the 600 you pressed yet but the sunie has done a great job and appears to be consistant thruought the platen checking with an ir thermometer

Charlie have you ever looked at the Hotronix brand? I have the 16x20 swinger and never had a problem with it. Holds the temp great. The new ones even release themselves. I know they cost more but I recently heard someone say theirs was over 20 yrs old and still working just fine. If you are doing that many shirts consistently might be worth checking into it?

Ok..so is a sunie and seiki the same press but different brands? 

I think Hotronix and Stahl is the same machine, but Hotronix is the more advanced, digital version.

Really, my budget is only about $900 tops..i really can't wait to save the extra 3-400 bucks to get a Hotronix, although in a perfect world, i would snag a Knight DK20.

Charlie - I thing the company is Seiki Sunie - just some times I see the names separated.  Here is a link to the one I purchased

http://www.sunie.com/store/sunie_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3440

From the research I did I liked that it had the central preasure adjustment like the Mightypress and they claim to have More Heating Element Per Square Inch. That with the 3 year warranty if purchased directly from them is what sold me

Scott

The only thing that scares me is that it looks exactly like the press i have except the handle is different and has no brand name.  I know most machines come from the same factory...but i just wanna make a little more researching before i take another plunge.  Right now, China non-name brand products are 1/1.  US cutter is awesome..non name brand heatpresses..well..i will see. 

Ok...i picked up my Mighty press 16x20 today.  Holy cow..is it waaaaay heavier than my china press.  Now here is my amazement.

The handle doesn't take a muscleman to open.  I have had friends tell me they can not even open the press.  Mine opened like butter. i mean...almost no effort at all!  Another BIG PLUS for the Mighty Press is that i think it presses very firm and the heat is transferred evenly.  My China press did not like Thermoflex Plus at all...i would have to press 2-3 times so it wouldn't lift when i weeded the backing out.  This one weeded, again, like Butter. 

So, lesson learned.  RIP my old China Press.  it is about 20 lbs heavier and plainly presses the shirts with ease.  I am sold on Stahl presses.  $845 and worth EVERY penny! 

my 2 cents.

Congrats Charlie and have fun. That is my philosophy as well, to buy the best I can without wasting on the bells/whistles. You really do get what you pay for and when using these machines daily you don't want any surprises. Not to mention if you buy cheaply and you have to replace it, you now have that sum total invested. So it ends up costing you more than if you just started there in the first place and didn't aggravate yourself. Similar with you trying to create your great works of art with "paint" program instead of a graphics art program. Hopefully, this press will make you lots of $$.

Congrats Charlie and have fun. That is my philosophy as well, to buy the best I can without wasting on the bells/whistles. You really do get what you pay for and when using these machines daily you don't want any surprises. Not to mention if you buy cheaply and you have to replace it, you now have that sum total invested. So it ends up costing you more than if you just started there in the first place and didn't aggravate yourself. Similar with you trying to create your great works of art with "paint" program instead of a graphics art program. Hopefully, this press will make you lots of $$.

I sure hope so Tory.  But in hindsight...the old press did pay for itself...so really it just paved the way for me to get this press.  I am very happy with it and do plan of making some change so the world can be at least a little easier for me and everyone around me.  Now, to finish up teh shirts for Toyota this weekend's OFF Road Expo.  ANyone going?  Ill be there Saturday, but my company will be there Sunday as well running the try me RC track by teh REAL test drive track.

http://ca.offroadexpo.com/orepomona/v42/index.cvn