Sign in to follow this  
tory

Cutting glitter vinyl

Thanks,I've never used it and will have to on an upcoming job. Just wanted to make sure I didn't get into something and charged accordingly.

Tory, did you reply to one of my posts about wall quotes in vinyl today? Someone did, and they gave me a link to get more ideas and prices, but I forgot to save the link and now can't find the post that gave it. Senior moment...Thanks.

Nope not me but maybe it was Dazzle??? I pasted it below, I do like that link for great ideas:

"Re: Some recent things

One thing I have found with cutting glitter or metallic flake vinyls is blade life really sucks.

If you have a bunch of cutting to do for a job cut all your standard vinyl first and then cut metallic glitter last.

I keep one set of blades for Metallic only.

Dave

+ 1 on what Can-AM said . Even worse blade life with reflective . especially the D.O.T. spec stuff .

Can-Am , Is that a snowmobile related name ? There used to be motorcycles made by them . I am not sure if they still make the motorcycles :thumbsup: I know they make a 3 wheeler .

Thanks, Tori! I did figure out it was Dazzle that posted, I think someone else noticed the post and posted it also. This site is so large, I havne't figured how to read a post and then find it again when I come back later. I get lost in the Maze! I'm learning....Sandy

No Problem at all, we are all here to learn in one form or another. Yes, the forum is overwhelming at first but won't take you long at all to get it down. Lots of great info and inspiration to work with. The people here are a great bunch! Good Luck

Rodger,

Its more of a Canadian living in America thing,  But the old Can-am racing series from back in the 70's was always my fav.

Dave

the glitter and halo are awesome on garments and signs, but they do take a toll on the blades for sure...

Dave , I watched & enjoyed the Can-Am series also . :)

I got to see them up close at both mosport and a track outside of Montreal.

back in the days when thay had real motors..lol