Sign in to follow this  
Linda

New and getting a "Waiting" message that lasts forever!

I was able to get the .ai file to open in SBE. Shouldn't be a problem to cut it. Not much there.

I didn't think so either, but it will not cut the whole thing. I was only able to cut lines or partial lines of the text and now have to piece it all together. How frustrating!

if you can zip the file, that would probably help. if it's still too big, let me know the details of what you're trying to setup (i.e. font, text, height of font, etc.). If it's a specialized font and you don't mind posting it, that can be zipped too.

Zipping the file for SBE? or to post online?

Ok, looks like it attached... I changed it to black & white file.

Fred Lavery Company.eps

Fred Lavery Company.eps

I know this might sound a little strange, but give this file a go. It'll import small, but you resize it in SBE (I don't know how to resize in SC).

Thanks I'll give it a try... btw what did you do to it?

I think the problem most people are getting when they have this problem is with the vibrations the cutter makes causes the usb cable to lose connection.  I had this problem with my pcut several times and when it did I had to unplug the usb cable then plug it back in to get signcut to register the cutter again. Switching to serial connection solved this problem for me

I think the problem most people are getting when they have this problem is with the vibrations the cutter makes causes the usb cable to lose connection.  I had this problem with my pcut several times and when it did I had to unplug the usb cable then plug it back in to get signcut to register the cutter again. Switching to serial connection solved this problem for me

I'm running off a laptop and my husband did get me a usb to serial cable and loaded the software but we couldn't get the cutter to communicate with the computer then. Probably a com problem but we didn't want to mke too many change and completely ruin our chances of cutting anything! I have a call in to tech support, maybe they can help with that. Unless of course you can?

I know this might sound a little strange, but give this file a go. It'll import small, but you resize it in SBE (I don't know how to resize in SC).

Thanks I'll give it a try... btw what did you do to it?

LOOKS LIKE THAT DID THE TRICK!  The whole thing cut... so what's your secret?

Thanks...  and really, please share what you did to the file. *on knees pleading/begging*  I have 18 large banners to cut and customer wants them asap (like Sunday! ;)) All are different, 4' h by either 4' or 8' lengths with lots of text on some.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

I opened up your eps file in AI then scaled everything down, so that it was actually a smaller file for SBE to handle. I don't know why it works, it just does - kind of strange.

I did try the route of simply typing the text in SBE, but I couldn't get the kerning correct so I tossed the file. That's when I downloaded your .eps and imported. I noticed that you had sized it pretty big, so I opened up the file in AI, scaled it down, saved it, re-imported to SBE, than scaled it back up. I did a brief visual check and it seemed that the vectoring was right on target with the original.

If most of the large stuff you're doing will be text, then you could probably use SBE if you know the font you want, and if you can be patient to figure out the kerning on it. That's something that's probably an easy command, but I haven't really looked for it.

I'm glad that it worked (phewie). You sure did give us a run for our money  ;)

your original file was right on the edge of the maximum memory that the cutter has. Try keeping the files as small as possible from now on. ON plain text files...create IN SIGNBLAZER instead of importing from another program. You can do most effects (outline,shadow,arch,etc) in signblazer.

Hi haumana and BannerJohn. I'm back after a few hours sleep and going to try the scaled down eps files. I'll keep you updated as to how it goes.

Again THANKS, THANKS, THANKS for all your help haumana!

UPDATE:

I sure hope I don't jinx myself, but so far so good! I'm getting my 4x4 banners cut with multiple lines of text.

I had to reset the cutter origin in SC, somehow it changed and the cutter head kept hitting the kill switch, but I managed to luck out with that problem and got it solved.

Still getting the "waiting" message on the cutter and having to shut everything down between each panel cut. But atleast it's cutting and hopefully once Ken calls me back, I can get this issue resolved as well.

I know I keep saying it, but srsly, thanks for the help!

One last update:

The Waiting message on my LP cutter was resolved with a $35 Serial to USB cable from Radio Shack. I also upgraded to Corel x3 and now EVERYTHING is operating smoothly and easily, just the way I want... No more memory problems or cutting issues.  ;D

I've used alot of cutters over the years and I have to admit for the cost this is a pretty nifty cutter!

Ken, haumana, BannerJohn, mustangconv85, jay2703... Thanks for the help!

WooHoo!!!

Glad you got it up and running ... Now the fun (and money) starts!!!   ;D

One last update:

The Waiting message on my LP cutter was resolved with a $35 Serial to USB cable from Radio Shack. I also upgraded to Corel x3 and now EVERYTHING is operating smoothly and easily, just the way I want... No more memory problems or cutting issues.  ;D

I've used alot of cutters over the years and I have to admit for the cost this is a pretty nifty cutter!

Ken, haumana, BannerJohn, mustangconv85, jay2703... Thanks for the help!

I'm happy everything is working for you. It is usually 99% of the work getting the thing running and 1% keeping it that way. That's what I have found anyway. I think you had more trouble than most getting yours going.