SynFX

Brother 4500D Embroidery Machine

Hi Cody, I'm thinking it is an embroidery machine, only because I have the brother innovis 4000d. :huh:

sorry.. yes it is an embroidery machine.. i was wondering what they cost and how good they are

Cody, I got mine at Allbrands.com 

If your going to get into embroidery one suggestion that I might give. Make sure you

get a bigger machine, one that you can do hats on. Yes, you can get a hoop for this machine

but its really hard to do hats on.  I've had to turn down so much work because I could'nt

do their hats. But by far I think the Brothers are the best, my personal choice.

Have a good day.

Melco also sells some really nice ones, but they are pretty pricey.

Guest TracMatt

It is a nice machine, but Jackie is right about the hats.

Jackie you can send those hat orders my way, I love doing hats!  :huh:

Tracee

Hi Tracee,

What machine do you have?  I haven't been taking any orders right now for embroidery. Been busy learning this vinly thingy.. but when I get some more You'll be the first I contact..

Have a wonderful day.

Jackie :huh:

Ditto Tracee, if I get some embroidery orders, I'll gladly contact you about it.

Jenny

Tracee & Jackie - do either one of you do small embroidery jobs? (i.e. 12 - 24 polo's, maybe a t-shirt or two).

All the local places here will not let me bring in my own shirts, I have to buy theirs and quite honestly the quality sucks. The places that I can find online will only do large orders.

Guest TracMatt

I do too!

And I do hats.  I have a PR-620.

See my website or email me also.

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

What ya working on Jackie?

Anything good?

This vinyl stuff is a whole different ballgame isnt it?

Tracee

Everybody should attend any local Sign Show ( or go to 1 if none come close ) . Makes 1 feel like spending ALOT of $$$ , but also realize how expensive it is to get set up . I made ALOT of contacts for outsourceing . Turn around time is minimal & in the end , proably more profitable than buying expensive equipment unless you are a full sized sign maker . Cutters are walk in customer , hobby type machines IHMO . Inkjets  etc make layering vinyl seem historic IF a full size sign shop . Soon inkjet vehicle signs will be cheap enough for most people .  I intend on semi-retiring & doing livestock sales , motorcycle & car races , so making a decal , T-shirt , hat with a cutter/heat press is right on time for me . Cutters are perect for inhouse decal makers also .

Hi Cody

I have a Barudan Elite Pro 15 needles. I decided on that machine/brand after attending an ISS show. All the commercial vendors are there as well as garment vendors. Before investing you may want to check out a show such as this to see them in action. Caps are easier on some machines vs. others, sewing as well as hooping. If you plan on doing a lot of embroidery you definitely will want a commercial machine. There is also a NBM Printwear show in Indianapolis, IN this weekend, ISS show in Atlanta, GA next weekend, and one in TX next month if you are close to any. ISS shows are basically embroidery related and now coupled with the Promo market. NBM is 3 shows in one; Signs, Decorated apparel, and Awards. Just thought I'd pass this info along in case you were interested. When I first started I was thinking of going with a home market machine, I'm SO glad I didn't. Good luck whatever you decide todo.

Tory

wow cause i found the 4500D for $800!!!!!!

should I get it? I dont know what they cost new???

Guest TracMatt

Cody,

Call Fred a Pocono sewnvac he can tell you how much they are new at least.  800 442-8227 Toll free

You will not find prices online it is against Brother's rules to post prices of new items.

Tracee

wow cause i found the 4500D for $800!!!!!!

should I get it? I dont know what they cost new???

Take the money you would use, add to it and buy a commercial embroidery machine. I made the same mistake you are about to make 3 years ago.

They won't do hats very well and it's a pain to change thread all the time. Buy a used Toyota, Tajima, etc 12 or 15 needle machine. You won't be sorry.

First let me say I am not trying to steal any possible work from anyone.  I know Tracee and Jackie contribute much more to this forum than I.  We have been in the embroidery business since 1994 and just started this vinyl thing a few months ago and thanks to this forum and great bunch of people more than willing to share ideas it has been pretty successful so far.

With that being said I would like to throw my name in the hat for those of you who may need any embroidery work done.  Again Tracee, Jackie and any others I am not trying to step on toes here just offering my services.

Sorry for being so long winded... :huh:

No problem with me... there is enough work out there for everyone.

I have been so busy lately anyways. Glad you could join us on this

fourm.

Talk to you soon

Jackie :huh: