Okay, I'm very new to this so please be patient with me!  :)  I just set up my LP 24 and couldn't get it to work via serial but got it working via USB.  (Weird, I know).  Anyway, I moved my cutter all the way over to the right too much and hit the red button and now it's stuck.  I can't seem to get it off the red button.  Any suggestions?  Oh, and I turned it off and back on but still nothing. 

Okay, I'm very new to this so please be patient with me!   :)  I just set up my LP 24 and couldn't get it to work via serial but got it working via USB.  (Weird, I know).  Anyway, I moved my cutter all the way over to the right too much and hit the red button and now it's stuck.  I can't seem to get it off the red button.  Any suggestions?  Oh, and I turned it off and back on but still nothing. 

TAKE IT OFF LINE, AND MOVE THE CARRIGE WITH UR HANDS AWAY FROM BUTTON.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did.  I was just scared to touch the thing cause I didn't want to mess anything up!  I have been reading this forum for quite some time and finally got my laptop fixed to where I could install my cutter and now I'm up and running! However, it is all due to everyone on here believe it or not!  I have read so much and learned an incredible amount from the members of this forum!  I actually feel like I know you all but have never actually communicated until now.  Oh, n I can't forget to mention Ken Imes.  He's absolutely wonderful!  He's helped me make a few excellent decisions!    :)

Please disregard.  Got it going!  Wow, I'm such newbie!    :)

No worries - I'm sure many, myself included, asked many a newbie question ... my problem is that I still ask them  :)

Easier on the motor if you turn the cutter completely off to move the carriage by hand. Then turn it back on.