JoeCamaro

Oracal 351 or 651 for decals?

What do you boys and girls use or recommend to make decals?

Im using Oracal 651 for my decals at this moment. Why? Because I like to offer quality products to my customers, plus telling them they will last from 5 to 7 years souns like an advantage for them, even though they probably will remove the decals before that.

I was talkng to a friend of mine who also makes decals and supplies them to different stores and he is using 341. I know many people use this as it is economic and decals do not need to last as much as banners or other things.

So I dont know if I should start buying 341 or continue using 651.

What do you guys use for decals?

Joe

I use both. Mostly because I got 4 free rolls of the 341 when I bought my cutter, so I have to use it for something!

But all the stuff I have bought recently has been 651. I also like the fact it lasts forever. Everyone seems to like that idea. Though I don't know anyone who even keeps their car that long.

Amber

Oops, just checked. And the vinyl I use is 641, not 341. Sorry.

Personally, I would rather keep one model/brand in stock. You'll spend nearly twice the amount of money trying to stock all the colors you need in both models.

Price breakdown per linear ft(price from 15"x10 yard roll):

651      341

$0.62    $0.35

Although the 651 is nearly twice the amount... are you really going to be doing that much work for indoor decals?

341 only offers 22 colors, 651 has 61 colors

Just seems like a PITA for such a small savings

I think I will keep using 651. I like the quality and I dont want to stock much of anything, plus I can use it for decals and other things.

Joe

651 is really all i use unless a type or color is not available, I have tried other but not really happy wiht them.

question on these decals,  I just tried one on my car and I have clear adhesive tape and it did not want to come off easily, any suggestions?

Amy

651 is the way to go. 631 is specifically made for indoor use only, and has a matte finish.