Sign in to follow this  
flagme

cutter going to end of vinyl when in cut mode. help

:'(

I am new to the plotter world but have gotten TONS of info from this forum. Thank YOU all kind folks to help.

I have gotten a pretty good handle on cutting vinyl..wasted about a 15" X5yard roll learning..but what the heck...

I cannot get past this item. and I know its me or a setting causing it..but without a manual (the offered download is a currept file) I am stuck...so HELP!!!!!!HELP!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I sent 3 letters to the cutter..USA only U would print. then the cutter went 1/2 wide of the vinyl and up and down in a straight line..3 times. never attempted the second letter???  then stopped ,,I am now confused as hell!!!

2. Thought it was my workspace size for #1 above so I adjusted as it is a 15"X5yd roll of vinyl. Adjusted the letters- qty 3- A's

2.1  not sure if it is better to do qty 3- A's or Qty 1- copies 3 A's? anway

2.2  THE BIG ONE again!!!

it cut the first A- then went to the bottom of the vinyl all the way to

the top of the vinyl, all the way to the bottom of the vinyl..in a staight

line and then.. of course...jammed on the vinyl...

SO..WHAT IS MAKING IT GO TO THE BOTTOM THEN THE TOP THEN THE BOTTOM THEN THE TOP IN A LINE?:D?:P?:P

Anyone??? Help? I expect this is a setting- but cannot fathom...have read and read and read...frustration is getting me after days of this...

HELP!!! Anyone?;D

Sounds to me like a communication issue, or possible hardware failure on the cutter itself. Which cable are you using to connect the cutter to your computer? Have you tried an alternative method or computer?

If the issue hasn't been resolved, would you mind posting the file you're trying to cut? or are you trying to cut text that was typed directly into your cutting software.

btw - give us a bit more detail ... PC of Mac? USB or Serial? Operating System? Cutting software?

Hi-

serial connect, windows system. com1 standard config bits and such 8 1 none I think is default. left as is- did not change.

laserpoint 24 brand new.

typed directly into signblazer- trial. I just purchased signblazer pro and have not had a chance to try it to see if that resolves the issue.

3 letters

U

S

A

6" for all

15X5yard vinyl

tile yes

not sure what else to include.

any suggestions. I will also post after I try with the full version..tomorrow night.

Thanks All..nebee appreciates your help :0)

As an experiement , I would try cutting it in a 12" or smaller size to eliminate the tiling , I would also unclick all the weeding tools . 

regards , Rodger

Maybe a troublesome Serial cable. You do not have the cable running next to any electronics to get to the computer do you?