Sign in to follow this  
C Lewis

read cutter and sending jobs (carrage hits kill switch)

i am usen laserpt24, signcutx2 and osx.

yesterday i ran two jobs and it ran good and cut well. today, when i click on read cutter to set up the size of vinyl the roller spits out the vinyl from the back end and the lcd says waiting, the onblything i can do is turn it off by the switch. & when i just bypass the readcutter and try to send it a job that i know will fit, the carrage rolls all the way to the left and hits the kill switch.....same thing have to turn off the machine.

befor i try to send the job i always zero out and create a origin.

i dont understand how it could be working fine one day and the next be doing this.   

has anyone else had this same problem?

Welcome to the forum. You would probably get a faster response if you posted this in the right bulletin board (i.e. LaserPoint). I'm not sure what readcutter is.

That being said. If you have design that you know will fit within the width of your cutter and vinyl, but it's hitting the red kill button, then you need to scoot your vinyl away from the button, move the carriage to the correct starting point, and reset the x/y to = 0.

dude thanks for the help. but i do set origin and zero out at the right of the machine. i am running 15in vinyl, the carrage rolls all the way to the left kill switch................?

my mistake for posting in the wrong area.

I would remove the bottom panel to expose the motherboard, then press down on each connection to make sure they are secure, and also push down on each chip to make sure they are secure, and try again.

the screws are so tight i can not get them out with a screwdriver without stripping the heads...........:D

there are so many wires holding the panel down, i dont want to lift it up, i dont want to screw it up?:huh:??:huh:

the screws are so tight i can not get them out with a screwdriver without stripping the heads...........:huh:

They will not come all the way out, just loosen them as far as they go, then wiggle the bottom panel open.

ok, i got the panel off, checked the motherboard and all the connections. hooked it back up. still doing the same thing.............

ok. what should i try now. i really need to get this thing going again. it ran really good the first day, now its doing this.    i have spent more time on this forum trying to get answers to the problem then i have spent cutting stuff. i am really starting to get frustrated. what am i supposed to do wait around all day for someone from tech support to call me?..............        i lost three jobs already cause of this little stupid problem!!!!!!!!!!

i am about ready to just send this damn thing back, more problems then its worth.

Maybe do not use the Read Cutter- I honestly do not even think the cutter has this feature available in the firmware. Just set your vinyl size under the cutter button- changes tha values, and that is all.

or try SignBlazer - it sounds like you're having the same problem I had, BTW I would really like to get SignCut working

i cant use signblaser. i am running macintosh............... 

now  i am waiting for a key-span adaptor, maybe that will do the trick....................

it shipped out thursday, supposed to be here today. i just read on the tracking info, uscutter did not put my apt. number, just the address, now the mailman will send back to sender.          long friggin delaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy........prob after prob. b.s.

i cant use signblaser. i am running macintosh...............   

now  i am waiting for a key-span adaptor, maybe that will do the trick....................

it shipped out thursday, supposed to be here today. i just read on the tracking info, uscutter did not put my apt. number, just the address, now the mailman will send back to sender.          long friggin delaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy........prob after prob. b.s.

Did you get ahold of our shipping department to clarify?

i did leave a voicemail this weekend to karl to inform him of the mistake.  he let me know this morning, they are shipping another one with the apt# just in case the first one doesnt arive, thanks...    hope it works