Sign in to follow this  
C Lewis

carrige goes all the way to kill switch (laser point24)

please help.................      i am using laserpoint24 and signcutx2. the first two jobs i ran, it all worked fine and cut great. now when i send a job from sc to the cutter, the cutter carrige runs all the way to the left and engages the kill switch, also at the same time the machine spits out like two feet of vinyl and proceeds to say waiting. from there i can not do anything but turn the machine off and back on again. i dont understand how it can cut fine and then now the next morning start doing this. i did not reset anything. i dont understand. and of course its sat. and support line will not be back on til mon. does anyone know whats going on?:lol:??  please help..............................    thank you,,,,, and have a great weekend.

Guest Schramm

Well the carrage thing should be an easy fix, shut the machine down and scoot the carraige about another inch away from the kill switch, you must of bumped it when loading vinyl but that is my best guess, I have done that a few times.

As far as the other issue I sometimes have to reset everything so just shut down the machine and then restart the computer and then once your computer is 100% back up turn the cutter on and do a test cut before you waste vinyl.

Good luck

cool thanks...

i will try shutting down and rebooting the whole think.................

fingers crossed.....

nope did not work................

does anyone else have anymore suggestions?

it is very baffling!!!?!??:

as soon as i send the job to cut, it spits out vinyl and the carrige rolls all the way to the left kill switch and shuts down.........

has anyone had this problem.............?

before sending an image to the cutter, try to zero or set the start point on the machine itself.

bb

i always zero it out where i want my start point. (online) zero in (+)the online again..................

still the same thing.........:)?:)?:)

Does it do this when cutting small rolls? (15") If so, disregard the following:

My 24" plotter does this when cutting 24" vinyl. Since I need it to cut all the way from edge to edge of vinyl, i have to be REALLY careful when loading the vinyl to assure that the carraige wont hit the switch. Usually I manually run the carraige from edge to edge to make sure I'm okay. When I know its safe, then I go ahead and cut.

yes it does this with a 15in roll. when i click on read cutter in sc it spits out the vinyl from the back and then the rollers just keep going & the lcd screen says waiting. the only thing i can do is turn the switch off.

so then i tryed to just cut and thats when the carrage goes to the kill switch. for the life of me can not figure this one out..............?

Guest Schramm

Guess I am glad I didnt buy that machine!!!

help us out ...

how are you connected to the cutter? you're using sign cut?? so you're hooked-up to a mac?

it sounds like a software issue. make sure all the settings are correct in the cutting software before sending it to the cutter (i.e. drivers, cutter, etc.).

I had this problem with my pcut a couple of times and If i remember correctly it was from me sending the file to signcut and then for getting to set my size before clicking cut and it would do the same thing your having problems with becuase it was trying to cut out a huge decal.

yes i am using mac. i reinstalled the software and the drivers lastnight. still the same problem. i am thinking it might be the machine.............    .......cause if one day it is running fine, then the next its not, what else could it be?

after many years of doing tech work..I have arrived at one conclusion...sometimes it's just the phase of the moon.

Ken will sort it out tomorrow, I am sure. If it's  a part,he will replace it. He's nice that way.

I'm a newbie for sure, but I just had this problem 5 minutes ago as well. Here's what I did that seemed to work:

1. unplug cutter at power source and plug back in

2. unplug usb cable at computer

3. close out signcut

4. reset the origin on cutter

5. replace usb connection to computer

6. open signcut

7. under "Cutter" make sure vinyl is correct height

7. click "Reset cutter"

8. open your file

There may be some unessasary steps in there, but this reset the cutter to the edge of the vinyl where I want it. 

Good luck!