Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyTremendous.

How do you do from Alberta?!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for the last month while doing research on what cutter I was going to buy.  I'm entirely new to vinyl cutting but not new to business or art.  I've been running my own building maintenance company for a couple of years now and have been looking for a way to get into a more creative means of income that works for my lifestyle and appearance.  I'm a 40 year old, 6' 1" tall, 240lb heavily tattooed biker kinda guy, so I'm limited a bit in the lines of work I can pursue.  I've been in a few bands over the last 20 years and have designed graphics for t-shirts and other promotional material during that time.

I ended up buying the Copam CP-2500 from US Cutter today.  Originally I wanted the the 50" Procut, but due to the recent good reviews of the Copam and some discussions with my business partner (my wife), decided to go with quality over quantity.

I'll be doing signs, banners, vehicle graphics, decor to start with and then a few other things that I need to work out the logistics of once I have the cutter.

I'll let you all know how it goes. I'll document everything from the initial order through the set-up and beyond.  This seems like a solid community from what I've seen.

----------------

Now playing: Atari Teenage Riot - Start the Riot

via FoxyTunes

Hi Johnny

Congrats on your purchase! I wish you the best in your new venture.

Im looking forward to see your work.

It is good to have you here!

Joe

Guest fivestar

Welcome Johnny.  We're not really a solid community, we're actually quite a bit unstable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

welcome from someone who knows how it is! 53 years old with hair well past my shoulders and a few tattoos myself. I've been told more than once that I look like a 'Biker' even though the only bike I've ever been on had a chain and pedals.

It's nice NOT to be like everyone else.

What do you play in the bands? I'm a dummer,sometimes Bass.

Again,welcome!

I've sung in a few bands, and my longest stint was 12 years as a keyboardist / back-up vocalist / occasional bass player.

My wife is beginning a project at the moment that will eventually see me in the role of a percussionist / back-up vocalist.

Welcome Johnny.  Wishing you the best with your new business.

Jenny

Guest kenya

Hi Johnny..... welcome to the gang.

You've come to the place best on the net for help & encouragement.

Good luck with your new business!

Hi Johnny,

I'm only a day older or so in the forum than you which makes me a veteran to say you welcome :)

I wish you luck in your project. Sure you will.

PS: Nice to know there are some musicians!. I've been in bands too and lastely in classical chorus but I have no tatoos :)

hey there johnny, cori here. i am new to this site aswell.

i also am heavily tattooed & dreads halfway down my back that plays bass. i totally understand where you are coming from.....

i am artist by gift and have worked at a few print shops and sign shop. some silkscreening ex.

i have been having probs with the setup and whatnot of my new cutter...

nice to meet you.

Thanks for the kind wishes and welcomes, everybody.

Hope you get your issues resolved quickly, Cori.  It seems like everyone gets the cutters to work eventually.  I'm guessing there are a million settings and check and measures involved in getting the machine to operate predictably.

I've done a bit of silkscreening as well.  It's murder on the hands.  Are you a BME member Cori?

Hello Johnny,

I'm also a newbie. Good luck with your new business.

Ariti  :P

Hey!

Nice to see someone else from Alberta!

sorry- no hair, tatt's (soon), bme (maybe) or musical talent (my axe looks better on the stand than in my hands..)

great bunch here, always ready to help

Bill