Sign in to follow this  
Guest gracewriter

Diet alcohol

Guest gracewriter

I've hit an all time high on the scale and was wondering if anyone knows what beer or alcohol has the least amount of calories.  I'd like to set aside a couple days a week I can still indulge in the spirit of the spirits.

I already figured 151 rum is half the calories.  It's not really half the calories but twice the alcohol.  So assuming you drank half as much you'd get the same buzz.  It works in theory, but I can't seem to pour 1/2 as much and my goodness that stuff is a little too strong!

maybe if you diluted it in a "bucket" with diet coke  :thumbsup:

Guest gracewriter

maybe if you diluted it in a "bucket" with diet coke  :thumbsup:

You are indeed a great master/teacher/student, haumana.  Thank you for your sage advice.  I am humbled.

"O ka Maluhia no me oe, ku'u Maluhia apau loa!"

cheers2.gif

Guest gracewriter

Just had a bit of inspiration.

I could drink just as much but take twice as long to drink it out of that bucket.  But then the diet coke would probably go flat long before I could finish.  Hummm .... :-

Oh, great Kahuna, what do I do?

Hmmmm diet alcohol??? Now that sounds interesting!!  ;D  ;D

I could use a drink or two tonight...that's for sure.  I haven't drank alcohol in over FIVE YEARS!  :thumbsup:

Guest gracewriter

Hmmmm diet alcohol??? Now that sounds interesting!!  ;D  ;D

I could use a drink or two tonight...that's for sure.  I haven't drank alcohol in over FIVE YEARS!  :thumbsup:

Oh, now girl.  There are reasons why God gave woman alcohol.  It has something to do with the men he populated the planet with...  Not sure exactly what, but I do know he knew we needed a break every now and then--otherwise clearly we could lose our minds or spend WAY TOO MUCH at the grocery store.

....P.S.... never go grocery shopping while you are hungry or angry at your spouse.

well I just gave it up altogether about 22 years ago. I like my liver. I am attached to it.

Now,how about some diet little Debbies...

Isn't there something about lemons that helps burn extra calories? All you need is tequila to go with them. A couple shots and you won't even want dinner. Double winner.

Oh, wait, I think that's grapefruit juice. In that case, switch to vodka. A tall, icy cold, vodka & grapefruit juice before dinner and dinner can wait  'til breakfast.

Carol

Just give up drinking! Posion to the body, and wasted calorie intake.

If that's not an option... then make sure you stay away from all the frozen drinks. Some pack as much as 500 calories per drink! If ya drink 6 ritas throughout the night, you're looking at 3000 calories!!!  :thumbsup:

I haven't had anything alcoholic in years. I think that last thing I had was a Hornsby after my last long distance paddling race ... back in 2001. And even then it was only a swig or two. Because paddlers haven't quite figured out and 'rehydrating' with alcohol is counter productive.

Yes, I said Hornsby. I'm a beer wimp. Used to do mixed and shots. Not very many people want to hold my hair back while I pray to the porcelain god.  :thumbsup:

No more booze for me. I just make a little here and there. I started dabbling in making home made ciders ... can you tell I have nothing better to do.  ;D

Just give up drinking! Posion to the body, and wasted calorie intake.

If that's not an option... then make sure you stay away from all the frozen drinks. Some pack as much as 500 calories per drink! If ya drink 6 ritas throughout the night, you're looking at 3000 calories!!!  ;D

:thumbsup:;D ;D

Guest gracewriter

Isn't there something about lemons that helps burn extra calories? All you need is tequila to go with them. A couple shots and you won't even want dinner. Double winner.

Oh, wait, I think that's grapefruit juice. In that case, switch to vodka. A tall, icy cold, vodka & grapefruit juice before dinner and dinner can wait  'til breakfast.

Carol

Ok, you win!  This sounds like the best idea.  I don't know why I didn't think of it.