Sign in to follow this  
ralais

Vectorizing

I figured out how to turn my rasters into vector images in inkscape, but my vectors keep coming out blurry.  I haven't tried to cut any yet because I'm not sure how crisp the image should be before you cut it.

Does the vector have to be crisp before cutting? How do I get rid of the blur?

You want your lines and curves to be as clean as possible. The better the vector the less your machine has to work and the nice it will look cut.

How do I adjust the vector to sharpen the lines?  I'm using inkscape.

I have never used inkscape, I use an old summa table and Illustrator to hand draw. I find vectoring programs not to be exact and gives way too many loose curves and odd corners. I can draw it faster with out having to do all the nod editing.

You kind of just need to jump into it. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on vectoring software then pretty much Inkscape it is. If it's not too intricate, size something 3" or 4" and cut it. If you're that reluctant, then use the pen to plot it instead. Either way, you're going to have make the leap of faith at some point. The sooner the better.  :thumbsup:

can you post a file so i can look if you can attach the jpg and eps. I use inkscape all the time it's all i have to work with.

can you post a file so i can look if you can attach the jpg and eps. I use inkscape all the time it's all i have to work with.

Hmmm... that's like opening up Pandora's box ... Can I send you all my stuff for clean-up too? [just kidding]  :thumbsup:

I played with it a bit last night... while I gave up on the whole jpg to vector thing for now... I got pretty good at the whole scan & manual trace thing.

Today should be a slow dat at work so I'll try to work on the jpg to vect again.

I too have definitely not mastered vectorizing.  For myself they need a 'Vectorizing for dummies'  :thumbsup:

Humana... can you post a link to that thread that Terry started regarding the thicker lines, and how a gave a step by step walkthrough to convert images in Inkscape for this young lady  :thumbsup: