Beardown

Closed Cuts ...... Not anymore ???

Ok latley my cutter is not cutting closed cuts ...Letter , graphics everything is not closing...here and there .....

not just one graphic ..though sadly to say all of them ,,,,,

When cutting it will hover like it is cutting  when it should be dropping down ...

I slowed it down ,,, da da da da da ....

:(

Bear

Don't know many people on this forum...maybe tater or Billy,that know more about the cutter than you do. So if you can't figure it out,we are all in trouble. Maybe PM Ken?

Be sure and post back if you figure it out.

Is the cutter doing it with both flexi and signcut?

Im thinking offset? 

Have you changed the blade recently???

Blade tight in the blade holder? I know there plastic and mine seems a bit worn out...

I never got signcut ..so yes it is doing it in flexi .... I havent changed my offset ...Though I believe that it is .018 ..Never had a problem with it before ?? I am going to start to see if there is something I have been missing??

As far as the blades go ..I dont tthink it has anything to do withit because ..It is Hovering over the vinyl for a split second when it should be cuttihng the vinyl .... like the vinyl is moving back and forth like it should be cutting with the blade in the up position for a second before it comes down to cut the vinyl .... Sure sounds like offset though doesnt it ....If that even makes sense??? :( :(

Going crazy today !! 

Ill let you know if I find the problem

Knife offset was at .014 ..so I set it to 0.00 (same thing happened) and I tried .032 (same thing happened) ....and this is doing  it to every file that I am tring to cut ..:( and wouldnt you know it I have alot to cut today ! ! !

US CUTTER :(

edit .... **

JUst for giggle if someone has a sracp peice and a couple seconds ....

can you cut this and see if it is the file ....

Atlanta_Falcons_2.eps

Atlanta_Falcons_2.eps

It cut ok with my flexi....though there was a bit of over-lapping around the claw area...but maybe it is supposed to be that way. I don't think it's the file. Have you tried other files to see if it happens,or text?

Beardown, I previously read that you have the blade sticking far out of the blade holder.  Make sure that the knife tip is just barely out (enough to cut through just the vinyl without the backing).  Use a new blade, and make sure that the blade rotates freely in the holder.  Make sure that the blade holder is held tightly by the clamp.  If it is still not closing cuts, set the offset much higher (if .032 is in inches, set it to .1 - that should overcut, but you can use it for testing).  Let me know if that helps.

Thanks John Well we know it isnt the file then .. Very apperciated !!  !  ! ! ! 

Ok I guess the best way is just to show you...I made a lil video if the cutter cutting this file ,,at .1 inch offset ...

You can see the blade not coming down when it is supposed too ... it hangs for a sec or 2 before it comes down and starts cutting ,,,, thus leaving a gap(unclosed cut) in the vinyl ....  :(

This is happening with every file ,,,, so it is either a setting in Flexi or the cutter ..... Offsets that I have tried .....0.0 , 0.014, 0.018, 0.032 and 0.1  of an inch .....

The blade depth does not matter because as you can see it is hanging in the air..... FYI i wasnt cutting vinyl with the blade of that depth ..... The blade should be out of the holder half the width of a credit card ...ie the thickness of the vinyl .... 

Any help much apperciated .....

You tube subscribers are probally scratching there head what this video is ...lol

Thanks

BEARDOWN !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNlzWdwbhWg

Nice video,never replace Lord of the Rings in my library but anyway

I used your file,cut on both of my plotters,with Flexi and with Signcut. Perfect cut both times.

Have you tried using any other software? Download the trial version of SIgnGo or WinPC if you don't have it,try and see what happens.

If the problem persists,I am thinking hardware issue. You do have a back-up plotter,right?

Guest fivestar

Beardown, mine did the exact opposite, when mine was suppose to be up it slamed down and ripped completely through the vinyl and backing.  If you're running via serial port go into device manager and double click com port 1 and then port settings tab and change flow control to hardware and apply and ok.  Try that, that stopped mine.

FIve nope still having an issue ,,,, Thanks Though ..

Banner ,

LOL .... Umm had sign go LOVED IT ! ! so no more free trials for me .... as far as Win PC sign I tried the demo ...but every 2 seconds it had me press buy the full version ?? button ...so It would take me about 4 hours to cut this...lol

Pretty frustrated here ,,,  :(

Guest fivestar

Beardown after looking at the file and video, is this doing this where the claws are?  If so, make sure your "autoweld" isn't checked I see there are intersecting lines in the 2 silver colors.  I don't have my machine here so I can not try to cut it.

I like the I dea Five and really apperciate your input ...but it is still doing it ....

Im ready to throw this out this window ....................

Thanks

Again Five ! !

It is like there is a 1 second delay from when it is supposed to cut and when the vinyl(rollers) move .....

The blade holder moves like it is cutting when it is raised and drops like second when it is supposed to ...if it would fall one second before it does to begin with it would be just fine .....

Guest fivestar

Sounds like a communications problem then.  Did you try reducing the baud rate to 4800 in device manager flexi and on the plotter?  I'd try that and see if that helps.  Not a permanent solution as you would have to do that everytime you turned on the plotter, well at least on the plotter you would have to.  Give that a try my friend and see what happens.

Gotta love troubleshooting don't you.... :(

LOL Five ...I have had it at 4800 for some time now ...before it would cut on 9600 so I had to back it down to 4800 .... AT least it cuts now but it sucks !!    What is more frustrating is I have a ton ton decals to do and have them done by tomorrow ...  Well Its offically Beer Time here ....    "Theres a tear in my beer and a  cutter out my window ........."  Isnt that how the song goes !

Need a drink !

Should I make a check list ?

Guest fivestar

Ummmmm......maybe try hooking it up via USB or parralell and see what happens.  Can't be any worse then it is now...:(

BTW, don't have another machine you can try your plotter on do you?

Hey Bear

This is worse than 'who shot JR"....how about an update. I've been worrying all night if you solved the problem.

LOL Banner ....

UPDATE-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Still having the issue ..... but

I wake up this mornign and had my coffee(needed it because of my beer time last night) .... and figure what they hay I will try the same thing again ....It WORKED !! so I load my "good" vinyl and do a cut ... ERRRRR same figging thing ...

So I load my Crappy Artcut program and try to do a cut on com 1 ...uhhohh It is doing the same thing as Flexi was doing .....

So now I know this .....

1. It is not the FIle.

2. It is not Flexi because ..Artcut is doing the same thing (*BY THE WAY ART CUT SUCKS! )

3.My Com Port ??

4. USB Doesnt work ..

5. LPT doesnt work

5 CUTTER :(

So I am going to try to answer 3-5 here in the next couple of hours .....

I will keep you posted ..... Any other Ideas Would be much apperciated ...

Ohh Five no this is the only cutter ........

Who shot MH721 here in a minute ! LOL :(

OK I found the problem ... :(

I have been racking my head on this for about 24 hours now .... Here are my thoghts during this process ....

Is it the File I am trying cut?

Not the file ...Banner John tested it ....

Not Flexi Sign ..because Art cut does the samething ....

Not my wires they are fine .....

Com port is is working fine .....

What is left .... Why is it hanging for a second???  Has to be the cutter ! I know it !

Low and behold It is the cutter head ...How do I know this you say ..... I prees a gently amout of pressure with my finger while it was cutting the file ....and it worked fine ...I am running it at 60 grams of force .. The Blade Arm  is sticking for a split second thus it is letting the Blade Holder Come down when it is supposed too ....

So know what do I do ?? Well this is what is next ..... I am gooing to back up on the blade holder in the blade holder arm apply more force and see if that will give it enough force so it is not stuck for that split second ......

While I am doing this .... US Cutter is there naything on the arm that I can lube (ha ha I said Lube) so it will not get stuck it the up position for that split second?

I am hoping that this is the problem ..seems to me that it is what it is ...I will post back in a lil bit

BEARDOWN !

OK well It cuts it like it should now ....Except that I am having to use 340 grams of pressure when I normaly use 50- 60 grams of force .... It sounds like a hammer coming down !! Ouch !  ! but I should have enough time to finish what I am supposed to do for yesterday !

So this is what I need ...

1 why is it sticking ?

2. How Do I fix this ?

3. ! Why is it sticking !

Banner & Five & Small Fry..... Thanks for all the Help .. I really apperciate it ! Not overlooked one bit !

Man Beer time may have to come just a lil bit early today !

Thanks Again Guys

Ken?

There are 2 things in this world a man should never be without. Duct tape,and WD-40. There is bound to be something sticking (or slipping) somewhere. This is where you take a chance.

When all else fails,take things apart,put them back together. You might find a bit of grit or dust or something somewhere.

Bear,if this is how you make your living,you NEED a back-up cutter. I worked with only 1 for 9 months and crossed my fingers every time I powered it up. It is NOT a US cutter and so far,it has not given me any problems but if it should, my business grinds to a halt. Moral of this story...get another plotter. You will sleep better.

Oh...on my main plotter,the default force is 200......with Flexi. I"ve never had it any lower.

:(

I was out sick yesterday which is why I have not responded yet.

My thoughts would be that it is a hardware issue, either the motherboard or the carriage itself. I remember you had another hickup a month or so ago with your LCD acting funny, then it just went away. Maybe a sign that something was indeed having a issue internally.

I will investigate further. I have had this issue here is the shop, and had to replace the carriage for some and the motherboard for others.

Keep me posted.

Well I will tell you what ..I just cut out a logo that has so much detail it is unreal (at least a hundred small circle cuts)....so what I did was like I said moved the blade holder up on the Blade arm and set the pressure up higher so it wouldnt stick for that split second ,,,, I have been cutting for an hour and a half with no further problems with the cuts not being closed .... So it looks like the problem is fixed ...when I get some more time I will go and look to see what more the issue was ... I do know this that when I pressed up on the arm that it made a little sqeek noise ...which I am sure that something is rubbing ohh so very slightly ,,,, that made it stick for a second and that made the cut not closed ...

I was just wondering if you knew of something that needs to be lubed on the blade arm itself?? If so that would seem that I need to do that ... But As of now it is working like it should itis just hitting hard because I have the forse set to 280 grms ,,,, I am sure that it is fine that way I am just not useto it .... No biggie but when you get a sec ...is there something that needs lub eon the arm ....Thanks

Well Good thing out of this if someone has a problem with cuts not being closed.... you can start with this first now ....very simple fix ...!!  :(

:( Down

post-100-12986512354247_thumb.jpg

post-100-12986512365445_thumb.jpg