MH721

Artcut

LPT1

I have asked these questions before but no one has come up with  answers yet.  My machine will stop very abruptly in the middle of cutting, usually accompanied by some noise.  When it starts cutting again, the rest of the graphic is shifted.  For instance, if it cut the outside of an O and then went back to cut the inside, they would be off or not cocentric.  The text on that same line also is shifted.  This must be a hardware issue that I would like to get fixed.

I also have a problem that I've heard others complaining about.  That is the machine quitting in the middle of a job and cutting a line, sometimes to the left till it hits the stop and sometimes right up the vinyl, either ruining the job or wasting lots of vinyl.

Please help before I throw this thing in the trash.

I have a diffrent brand machine that did that with the LPT connection, however it didnt shift the graphic on the vinyl...

Try the serial connection, works great now

When it stops abruptly it must slip or something cause it makes a bad noise and then is out of alignment.  I'll try the serial port though, thanks. 

Are these problems something I'm gonna have to live with?  Have you had problems with your machine.  I know these cutters are inexpensive but....  Someone asked me where I got my cutter but I'm afraid to say, because of the problems I've been having I don't want to recommend them.  In fact I'm considering switching to something else.

sometimes,when I have a full or mostly full roll of vinyl,it will jerk...make a loud noise,and the cut will be out of line,when it gets tight....So I roll enough off to do the cut,usually,unless I forget.Just a suggestion. Might work. Or not.BUt,worth a try. Just my 2p worth.

hbere comes 2 more cents worth.........  is your machine properly grounded?  static electricity can be a bugger.  good luck.

I would also suggest upgrading to SignCut. Seems to be a better cutting program with support. ArtCut has not responded to our emails for help when cusotmers have an issue. It may also be a hardware issue, but before we start replacing parts, we should try a better program.

You can try the signgo product.  It is a 30 day trial but you can at least see if it is software or hardware related. Signcut is also an option but signgo works immediately right after selection of cutter.  Not much config to do .  see if it works http://www.signgo.com  I was running in 2 minutes and works flawlessly.  not saying you should buy it.  But it will be a quick troubleshoot.

Mine does that all the time and everything goes out of alignment. It seems to happen when the 1mb of memory is used up. then it reloads another megabyte and does it again. I have wasted many yards of vinyl because of this.

I am having the same problems with a diagonal line.

I am setting up my files using Illustrator CS2 and back saving to version 3 in both .eps and .ai files. (I have also tried with different versions of Illustrator)

I am using Sign Cut and have downloaded the most recent version along with the latest drivers from US Cutter.

The machine is grounded and I am using the serial connection.

I have seen many posts with this problem, but no solutions.

Guest fivestar

Tony post a file that you are having problems with, it sounds to me like there is too many nodes and causing a buffer problem.  I've had this problem before and by reducing the amount of nodes it rectified my problem.

Guest fivestar

Well that definitely isn't the problem as there are only 128 nodes.  I'm not at my machine now, but I would have to say that it's the size (177 inches) (buffer underrun) that is giving you the problem.  Though I have cut bigger sizes then this with no problems.  That would be the only thing I can thing of that would cause your problem, now that the nodes are so small.

It cut out fine for me at a smaller size. What size are you trying to cut, the 177 inches in width?

I think the random cut lines is an issue with Sign Cut. I downloaded a demo of WinPCSign and cut the graphics I was having an issue with and they cut out fine.