Guest fivestar

hhhmmm.....not for sure.  I had a laserpoint and mine set right up and cut great.  Same way with my 2 refines I currently have.

Guest fivestar

I honestly can't remember about the force.  My refines that I have now are totally different on force.  Just to be sure, there isn't a piece of clear packing tape over your cutting strip is there? 

Five,

Sorry to interject here... But is that plastic film on the cutter strip supposed to come off?

Kev

Guest fivestar

No.....the plastic cutting strip is supposed to stay.  But my last cutter I got had a clear plastic shipping tape over it.  The first one I got had masking tape over it.  I actually bought my last cutter off a member here who had nothing but troubles with it and when I got it I seen the plastic shipping tape and pulled it off and it cut better then my other one.  So I think that was his problem the whole time.

A good pressure for self adhesive vinyl is from 120-150 I have found. So, set the pressure to at least 120 or higher, then adjust the blade depth accordingly.

Still didn't answer the reason why my test square corners on the machine are round not straight 90 degrees like their suppose to be. I can get it to cut with software, but when the machine it self is not doing the job right with out using software there's a problem. The better the machine is on a test cut the better it will cut with software.

Agreed. So have you tried setting the pressure to 120 or higher, and making sure the blade is barely sticking out to try and resolve the rounded corner issue?

What do you have for the X-Scale and Y-Scale values in the mode settings of the cutter itself?

I have the same exact problem, I try to cut small designs or text and the edges are so rounded its not even usable.  I tried adjusting the blade depth, cut speed, cut pressure, everything, nothing makes a difference?  anyone have any ideas?

i don't see any discussion about blade offset.? i have experienced some "distortion" or "skewing" from time to time, but nothing as serious as what you are experiencing. have you tried adjusting the offset? also i have experienced a "zipper" effect only when the cutter cuts from left to right in a straight line. after installing a 60 degree blade, the zipper effect is almost a memory. i have a friend who makes signs and art for a living. he says there will always be some entry and exit wounds.

hope this helps

bb