Sign in to follow this  
mikeT

lp won't test cut

my new 24"lp won't test cut square when i push pause like book says. can anyone help?  mike

tried pressing twice .  can't even get it to cut anything . poor instructions  help!  thanks, Mike

When you trun it on does it say Online? Is the carriage pressing one of the red "kill" buttons, or is one of the red kill buttons stuck in?

figured out those kill swiches early on .  all functions seem to work off line    nothing works on line when i try to cut  i'm doing something wrong with software. thanks ,mike

I got it to test cut by pushing test button ,not pause like the manual says to do.    Port is hooked up right because the error window doesn't appear anymore.  So when i go to cut a object it does nothing but turn a different color. i must not have something set up right.  My SIGNLAB software is much easier.  HELP  THANKS, MIKE

I'm almost a little afraid to ask. When you send the file to cut, what exactly changes color? When you were getting an error, was in error on the LP or an error in Windows (or Mac)?

It would be a bit more helpful if you could list some of the details in your signature (i.e. OS, Cutter, Cutting software, type of connection being used for the cutter, etc.).

the color change is the box around the object being cut. i'm use sign blaze on vista,laptop,uscutter lazer point,and a serial to usb converter because maybe usb wasn't working. it starts send output to cutter yhen quits. 

what does the LCD window on the cutter say when you send the file to cut? Does it seem that the cutter is getting the file and starts the cut then quits, or does SBE say that it's sending the file, but the cutter does nothing? Make sure that the cutter is online. Make sure that the carriage isn't resting on one of the kill buttons. Make sure that when you are ready to cut, that the carriage will not accidentally hit the kill buttons. What is the name of the driver you're using, and what is the name of the port you're using? Not, USB, blah, blah, blah, but what does SBE say is selected for the cutter/driver, and port.

the com m settings match in device manager,the port says radio shack com8 ,  any other port i plug into says ''error path wrong'' but when i'm in the port that i get any response from it starts to say ''sending output to cutter '' the object or text starts to change color as if its cutting.  when thats done ,nothing .      it did the same thing when i had USB connection (blazer com 3)  .   

i will print but not cut.  maybe its the mother board.  anyone cane call me 330-414- 7372 i will call you back  i got free long distance

thanks, mike

also the cutter cuts all the test cuts off line plus shouldn't i be able to ''jog'' the head in cut mode?

my new 24"lp won't test cut square when i push pause like book says. can anyone help?   mike

Hi All,

I'm new to vinyl cutting but after a week and a half I still can't get my 630 to cut a single inch of vinyl.  I have tried to follow the instructions but have not had a bit of success.  The cutter won't even print a sample off line.  I'm now working on a second laptop in an attempt to get this thing operating.  I'm close to packing it up and sending it back.  I need help.  I sent a message to Ken and have not received a response at this point.  I know he's busy as I have read his many posts, but I really need a hand.  I would converse with anyone on any format.  I will call you if you would like.  My number is 941-32-0577.  I'm in Sarasota, Florida. Eastern Time.

As the legendary James Brown said... "HEP ME!" ....please.... ;D

Jakester

Jake Delaney   

my new 24"lp won't test cut square when i push pause like book says. can anyone help?   mike

Hi All,

I'm new to vinyl cutting but after a week and a half I still can't get my 630 to cut a single inch of vinyl.  I have tried to follow the instructions but have not had a bit of success.  The cutter won't even print a sample off line.  I'm now working on a second laptop in an attempt to get this thing operating.  I'm close to packing it up and sending it back.  I need help.  I sent a message to Ken and have not received a response at this point.  I know he's busy as I have read his many posts, but I really need a hand.  I would converse with anyone on any format.  I will call you if you would like.  My number is 941-32-0577.  I'm in Sarasota, Florida. Eastern Time.

As the legendary James Brown said... "HEP ME!" ....please.... ;D

Jakester

Jake Delaney   

yep...and I left a number out of my phone number.........941-322-0577......and I wonder why I'm having trouble..... ;D

Jakester