dbtoutfit

Digital Printed Vinyl Graphics. (using home desktop printer)

that is a great deal, for sure,, let us know if it works,, and also i will be using this for sleds and atvs,,,

so that is good,,,,

damn what a deal, I have been watching craigslist for any decent wide format printer, lol, in Michigan their just ain't many I guess, at least in the snow belt, lol

Been looking also. I hesitated 2 weeks ago for a 54 in printer for $200 and lost it.

yeah, I found a 24 inch Chroma24 for 80 bucks, but they were real skimpy with the information, they said oh it works, but in the same breathe, said they didn't have any ink or paper to test it, so I let it go

I see that a product called frog juice is used to seal the printed graphic.

what is frog juice? 

What trade names is sold under?

where does one order it?

How much does it cost?

I have a chroma 24 from encad that I will sale for $200 needs new printheads (printheads are in the cartridge) but I have 4 bottles of GO+ ink almost all the way full from globalprintsupply.com. I used it for a few months then got a mutoh falcon jr and the encad has been sitting idle is why I say it needs print heads I am sure they have dryed up. The ink is almost worth the $200 and you can check the prices of cartridges on globalprintsupply.com

I have reworked and updated response #77 in this thread.

If there are more options please supply full URL.

I also sent an email to MACTAC europe for advise and samples.

Lets wait and see.

Thanks, Paco

Hello every one

As I promised I said I would post my playing.

The vinyl I ended up with is SIHL-3988-2465

Matt vinyl 24" x 65ft $102.00 but on sale through sign warehouse for

$76.50 how long I don't know

This vinyl works with all aqua base ink printers

You need to laminate the decal for protection but they turn out nice

Good Luck

Darrell

kearn

hey guys i just got a epson r280 and when i print on the printable vinyl that habor sent me it does not dry. Are there any special settings that i need to make. Thanks

look for "ink config" in the printer preferences. you can control the ink density and make the printer pause before kicking out the print.

bb

Thanks cutme, but i just tried it again what i did was use draft option and photo paper luster and it still does the same thing. I need help bad..lol  thanks

you should be able to set the drying time to 20 seconds and adjust the ink density. try going to the printersand faxes page in your control panel, then right click on your printer. left click printer preferences. you should have an advanced button on the main tab, click on it, and you should find a ink config button. there you will find the drying time and ink density adjustments.

bb

sorry cutme but i did what you told me to do and there isn't a ink config button there. there is some stuff there that has the colors listed and you can use the slide bar to lessen or make it go higher but i never saw anything about drying time.

The harbour vinyl is it coated for water based inks?

If you let the print dry for one hour and it still smears when you put your finger over it, it is not compatible for your epson or any water based ink jet.

I stil have no asnwer from MACTAC and SIHL offices in Europe.

;)

Paco

I am still running the jt1858p from Mactac and just received a sample from OCa, in my epson r220, and it works wonderful, when laminated the graphics really pop, and even when non laminated; i am not sure what they use on the vinyl but I heated a decal with a heat gun and stretched the hell out of it and the finish did not crack or peel.

sorry cutme but i did what you told me to do and there isn't a ink config button there. there is some stuff there that has the colors listed and you can use the slide bar to lessen or make it go higher but i never saw anything about drying time.

sorry, i can't be of more help. i was just going off of my epson stylus photo 2200 software. it must it be the same. search the epson website for info. they have all the info for your printer. also try a google search for your specific problem. an answer may turn up there.

bb

Actually I filled out 2 forms from harbor, they never called or phoned me.

In two weeks the packages were at my door.

I would try again?....maybe even use a friends address.

http://www.harborsales.net/averycontactus1.cfm

Ok while your in the mood for free vinyl go here too. They sent me a large roll of LG brand white 54 inches X 5 yards.

http://www.harborsales.net/lgcontactus.cfm

good Luck and Merry Christmas

Jack

I requested free samples and I recieved and email back from them.

"YOU HAVE REQUESTED SOME AVERY AND LG DIGITAL SAMPLES VIA E-MAIL.  WE ARE NOW CHARGING DUE TO THE ENORMOUS QUANTITIES REQUESTED.  IF YOU STILL REQUEST THEM, IF YOU WANT ONE SAMPLE IN SPECIFIC, OR IF YOU WANT TO KNOW INDIVIDUAL ROLL PRICING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INQUIRY.  I APOLOGIZE ABOUT HAVING TO CHARGE YOU."

So much for being free. I sent an email back stating "Thanks but there are plenty of other suppliers available."

Well I just requested 1 roll of each, so we will see if they charge me or not since I am not being greedy.

I Was Having the same problem

I ended up purchasing SIHL mat vinyl for aqua bae ink

24" x 65' from sign warehouse Reg $105.00

It was on sale for 76.50 , it works perfectly but I also had to

purchase a laminate to protect ink fromsmearing

Darrell

Hi what you take from a roll to make it A4 or any other size is this curling?

I like to know as most printers will jam or smear with the head to the media if it is not 100% flat while feeding it from the paper tray.

Regards, Paco

PS. stil nothing heard from Mactac or SIHL.

Here is an idea to help with the "curling" of media in the printer.

I have done this with other media, NOT with printable vinyl, but the idea should still work.

After cutting down your media to size (8.5"x11", 13"x17", etc.) carefully tape the media to a heavier weight paper / card stock. 

Using a low tack masking tape (painter's tape), run the tape along the top of the media's very edge, just enough to hold it to the card stock.

Roll the tape over and around the bottom of the card stock.  Make sure no sticky surface is exposed; it will stick in the printer and jam!

If necessary, use a thin double-stick / double-side tape to hold the media in the center to the card stock.  I have used the scrap-booking acid free tape for this.

Now you have a heavier weight sheet to run through the printer.  Plus it is thicker, and gets the media closer to the print head.

The card-stock can be reused as well.

Again, I have not tried this with printable vinyl, but I don't see why it would not work.

I have a sample roll from Photo Tex that I will be experimenting with soon.  If needed, I will use this method to keep the media "flat" in the printer.

Guest sciondrgn

I cut several sheets to size from the roll and set them under some encyclopedias for a couple days LOL its crude but it works just fine :)  :)