Super Dave

Graphtec CE7000-60 Making Multiple Passes While Cutting

I recently upgraded from a Cameo 4 Pro to the Graphtec CE7000-60. I got everything set up, my test cuts are good, it's not going through the backing paper on the vinyl and just leaving a little etching on it. I noticed that when I send my file to the plotter from Graphtec Studio 2 the plotter cuts and then it comes back and goes over the same cuts again, then again, and again. Last time I cut a file it went over the same cuts so much it went through the backing paper. It also doesn't cut the entire file. So I thought maybe it was the file and wanted to make sure it didn't have any double lines, so I created the design again in Graphtec Studio 2, again, it cut some of the file, but not all of it and then it stopped and it was ready for another job. Am I missing something? I've been through the plotter manual and the Graphtec Studio 2 manual, but I can't find anything on this. I love how fast and quiet this cutter is, but I need to be able to crank out my vinyl graphics and right now I still have to use my Cameo. Help!

Without seeing the cutter file and your settings in Graphtec Studio2, would have no idea, unless you have multiple passes checked in the cutting software. Very few volunteers here answer questions and very few have a Graphtec. And I don't know of anyone who has a Ce7000 or Graphtec Studio 2.  Have you tried a different cutting software to rule out the Graphtec Studio 2 as the problem?  Several trials out there. File could be posted as long as it is not a violation of Copyright. Post in .eps format.

I don't have that cutter but I do use that software. Post the file if you can and I'll take a look at it. Are there multiple colors in the design? If you don't have the settings right, that can cause unexpected results.

Not sure if it applies to this software or not, but will have multiple layers of the graphic cause it to cut multiple times?  I know that SBE does, which comes in might handy for me at times.

• Like 1

The files I'm using are 1 color and I've tried many files. Now it just doesn't cut the entire file. These are SVG files I've used for years with the Cameo 3, Cameo 4 Plus, & Cameo 4 Pro with no problems at all. I'll be calling US Cutter tomorrow but have a feeling ill end up speaking to someone at Graphtec America before I get a resolution. 

Did you ever try a different cutting software other than Studio 2?  That way you can figure out hardware or software problem.  Signcut has a trial. Sure cuts a lot has a trial. 

• Like 1

an alternative would be to post one of the files, so another forum member can try cutting it and seeing what kind results we get.

i agree with skeeter to see if another software will do the same thing.

• Like 2