haumana

Scaling Issue: Graphtec CE6000-60 Plue & Graphtec Studio

Anyone else out there that runs a Graphtec CE6000-60 Plus & Graphtec Studio setup?

I recently did a quick text cut, and noticed that the cut text was smaller then what I had laid out in the workspace.  I thought that this was kind of odd, and was concerned that the overall scale was off, but when I checked all the setting, it's all set 100%.  I then cut a 3" square, and it was spot on, so I'm wondering if this is just the text that's doing this, and if it is, has anyone else ran into this situation - and if there's a fix.

Anyone else out there that runs a Graphtec CE6000-60 Plus & Graphtec Studio setup?

I recently did a quick text cut, and noticed that the cut text was smaller then what I had laid out in the workspace.  I thought that this was kind of odd, and was concerned that the overall scale was off, but when I checked all the setting, it's all set 100%.  I then cut a 3" square, and it was spot on, so I'm wondering if this is just the text that's doing this, and if it is, has anyone else ran into this situation - and if there's a fix.

I don't run the cutter or program. Does that cut from live text or do you have to convert the text to lines and curves first? 

I don't run the cutter or program. Does that cut from live text or do you have to convert the text to lines and curves first? 

Live text.  It was just a basic sans-serif font, Helvetica. 

How are you setting the font size? There is a setting for font height, but that doesn't mean the true height will be what you set. I forget exactly how it works, but it's a little weird. Check the measurement of the text after you type it out and see if the size is what you expect.

I was setting the font height by using the pull handles to get them to be 5/8" (0.625) high (in Graphtec Studio). I ended up with something just under a 1/2"

Finally got around to playing with the software. When you type out the text., the box that appears around the text is not the size of the test. It extends above and below. I'm assuming below for lower case letters and above for super script or some sort of punctuation maybe. As far as I know, the only way to get the true size is to convert the text to curves then resize it.

Finally got around to playing with the software. When you type out the text., the box that appears around the text is not the size of the test. It extends above and below. I'm assuming below for lower case letters and above for super script or some sort of punctuation maybe. As far as I know, the only way to get the true size is to convert the text to curves then resize it.

Got it. Thanks!  not sure why it needs to be that hard.  I typed out all caps, and thought it would the right size.  Maybe I should be considering SCALP :(

I've not been impressed with the Studio program for design. I use Inkscape for design and just use Studio for cutting.

I'm not impressed with the program either, but I use it in a bind or if I'm just cutting simple text.  Though now I know that it cannot be trusted to give me accurate test sizes :mellow:

I'm not impressed with the program either, but I use it in a bind or if I'm just cutting simple text.  Though now I know that it cannot be trusted to give me accurate test sizes :mellow:

Try converting the live text after writing it out and at that point it will be an object and you should be able to nail the size. I use SignCut Pro 1 (the old original) and I have to convert all my text anyway. That's why I asked the question. If the 3" object was spot on it pretty well has to be something to do with the interpretation of the text. If working on something that will need revised later I save a working file with some live text saved over on the side so I can recreate the overall thing if needing to modify. Then I save a cut file with the text all converted. 

Try converting the live text after writing it out and at that point it will be an object and you should be able to nail the size. I use SignCut Pro 1 (the old original) and I have to convert all my text anyway. That's why I asked the question. If the 3" object was spot on it pretty well has to be something to do with the interpretation of the text. If working on something that will need revised later I save a working file with some live text saved over on the side so I can recreate the overall thing if needing to modify. Then I save a cut file with the text all converted. 

Excellent advice.  Mahalo!

• Like 1