Sign in to follow this  
nutster44

Needing Help to Vectorize This

Hi there, Im needing some help with this. I need a U like this. I have tried and tried but Im not good at this. I need it to be 2 colors, doesnt matter which ones, just need it to be cutable and outlined like this and a space like the white lines at the top and bottom of the U...Thanks again in advance, I appreciate your efforts.

UU.jpg

I am going to assume that this logo is painted on the side of your garage or something, since the forum frowns upon infringement.

You might want to download Inkscape, it's opensource and free, work on mulitple platforms, and can be used to touch up and vectorize.

That being said, here's a rough vector of your image, you will need to some editing to clean it up, but it shouldn't take long to node edit it.

U.eps

Nice try haumana, when you said it's a rough vectorize conversion, you weren't kidding.

This one is probably best to do as a full re-creation. Starting with a font that approximates the style of that U.
(Machine was close enough)

u.JPG

U.EPS

(Two colors)

Thanks guys, this really helps..This is a high school variant of the Miami U, I dont believe its copywrighted or anything like that...Thanks again.

No problem, nutty.

Are you familiar with the process of node-editing? It's worthwhile getting familiar with that, overall not too complicated, and a good skill to have.

Nice try haumana, when you said it's a rough vectorize conversion, you weren't kidding.

This one is probably best to do as a full re-creation. Starting with a font that approximates the style of that U.
(Machine was close enough)

U.EPS

(Two colors)

I only had the time to do a rough vector, then clean up should've been quick to do on the OP's side since it was just straight lines.  It's good if they learn how to vectorize and node edit.