Ed Thurber

Alignment issues when rotating image in spooler

I'm not sure it this is an issue with the cutter, or the software, but when I rotate the cut with the "Rotate" checkbox in the spooler, I end up with many alignment issues,

• speed weeding passes will start IN the letter on the leading edge and not cut all the way to the next letter.
  • narrow details will actually overlap such that the vinyl is completely removed.
  • When cutting multiple copies side-by-side, the copies are not in alignment with each other.
  • Starting and ending points of an enclosed shape don't line up, so that I am forced to clean up the cut manually to separate the shape during weeding.

I have found that slowing the feed speed down to < 50 seems to improve the situation, but I can run >100 without issue if I don't rotate.

It's behaving like the feed roller is slipping or skipping, but it only happens when cutting rotated.

I always run an area test prior to cutting to ensure that vinyl is moving freely.

Cutter is a MH 721-MK2. 

Most current version of VinylMaster Cut.

Hmm, now that is a quandry.

Have you tried to rotate the design in the workspace, and send it to the cutter 'as is'?  

Will the text cut properly if you don't have the speed weed option on?  I personally don't use any kind of easy weed or speed weed.  I just take the time to add my own cut lines, because it would take me longer to weed after the a speed weed setting then it would be when I draw in my own cut relief lines, especially when I have a larger graphic that will optimally weed if I add in relief cuts within the design to make the weeding easier.

Usually when I have start/finish issues that don't match-up, I will check to make sure that the pinch rollers are equally space from the two edges of vinyl, that the pinch rollers are over the grit rollers.  You could also check the conditions of the rollers, I would just not recommend adjusting the spring tension on the rollers.  That's an absolute last resort.

For speed, I find that a slower speed works better.  The speed I typically cut at floats around 15-20.  I'm usually never in a rush, and I'd rather take my time to cut it slowly once over wasting the time it would take to cut it fast, and find out that it was bad cut job during weeding.

I'm on my way out the door, but wanted to quickly mention a way to verify a 'software glitch' -- choose another software to run the job.

SignBlazer comes to mind.

@haumana

I had thought about rotating the image in the workspace, but felt that would not be much use when nesting or optimizing.

I think I'll go with the reduced cut speed.  I'm VERY new to this and it sounds like i'm cutting WAYYY too fast.  I've dropped down to 20 and the cuts are perfect.

@slice&dice

thank you for your suggestion.  I'll take a look at it.

When I owned the MH unit, I never took it down below top-speed 800.

Now that I'm using the SC2, it's always set for 800, slicing & dicing like a champ.

If you do install the SBE program, the cutter model is RedSail, OK?

The type of issues you're having sound like blade depth related, but if that was they case it would happen if the image was rotated or not. Still though, double checking that the blade is set correctly would be good. If you can see the blade, you have too much blade.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.