James159

Graphtec CE5000-60 Reset issue Load Media

I need to reset this machine it was working before. Now since I moved home its not working, Got a new computer i have an issue with load media problem was working fine until we moved houses. I have loaded the media now it keep on saying "roll 1 press enter" or "roll 2 press enter" I press enter nothing happens? Can anyone help me here.

I wish to reset this machine.

photo_2023-11-22_14-25-56.jpg

photo_2023-11-22_14-25-41.jpg

After playing around this I found out the manual for this does not cover everthing.

SO i started to hold down buttons to see what pops up so i get some movements lol

Now i get this any idea what to do.

photo_2023-11-26_12-36-57.jpg

Ok i got this started working again. Since I'm using this.

USB 2.0 To RS232 Serial DB9 9 Pin Converter PC Computer Adapter Cable GPS PDA

I am able to send the logo from Cutting Master 2 2.00

not from Graphtec Studio I am runing windows 10 64bit

Also have PCIE RS232 can test that as well.

Do I need to use the old software for Graphtec Studio so it works on windows 10?

Using Cutting Master 3 and its working

Updating the software

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/legacy-software

photo_2023-11-26_13-11-27.jpg

20231031_203432f.jpg

com 5.jpg

restart.jpg

Ok its showing load media once i done that it says this now....Also why do i need to hold down Origin and hold down Enter to load media I have to do that everytime

restart 2.jpg

so I have realign roller and wala.

but now i need to make it start bit down any idea guys?

photo_2023-11-26_12-41-53.jpg

Blade holder is not all the way down,   The lip of the blade holder should be down flat. The flange should be over the lip, then tightened up.  I have no idea why you are using a USB to serial converter, No need to. Plus any com port has to be only 1-4 nothing higher.  This cutter has TRUE USB and works very well with USB cable. .  Download the driver from the Graphtec site and plug it in.  The only USB to serial adapter guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter is a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter with a null modem serial cable. Tripp-lite is the brand name. The Graphtec user manual is your friend. 

Looking at this photo, it appears that blade tip is extended out wayyyyyyy too far. (I can see it in the picture, which is not good!)

photo_2023-11-26_12-41-53_jpg.1f8aadd03614d6c325ec53ee86d071e8.jpg_75.jpg

• Like 2

Each Graphtec cutting software has system requirements/and firmware for them.  You will have to read those. Or use a totally different cutting software, like Vinyl Master, Flexi products or others. Those other products are ran on COMMAND>HPGL Language 

It was pointed out to you above, that you have way too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. That is correct. This is the correct way to set your blade depth that works. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct. 

If you are finding the realign pinch rollers to be a lot of trouble.  You can turn the sensor off in background settings in the menu.  I turned my pinch roller and media sensors both off on day 1 when I got my cutter.  I don't need the cutter measuring my vinyl, and I can put the blade very close to the vinyl edge with the sensor off. 

"Also why do i need to hold down Origin and hold down Enter to load media I have to do that everytime"

You don't hold down Origin and Hold down Enter. When you have the Media loaded, you close the pinch roller handle. Then you must select Sheet or roll> ENTER.    You should always start with the carriage head over to the far right corner of your vinyl. OR where you want to start cutting. Then you push the ORIGIN button before you send your design.  ORIGIN is where the cutter starts measuring the design that you want to cut.  ORIGIN Is Y0 X0. 

Graphtec also has a nice feature that you can download from the Graphtec site, called a Graphtec Cutting Controller. It is for Windows only.  You can change most settings right from your computer. Your cutter has to be sitting there ready to cut before you can change anything. It changes to a special condition (9) on your vinyl cutter display.  I only use the Graphtec cutting controller to change settings on my Graphtec.  

I do not use Graphtec cutting software. Did you download the driver from Graphtec.com for the Graphtec cutting controller, extract and install it? The cutting controller is not going to work ,until you have a design in your cutting software, ready to send to the cutter. Plus the cutter must be ready to cut. I get that same error if my vinyl cutter is not plugged in and turned on ready to cut.  I also have never upgraded the firmware on my cutter, Too many people have attempted that and then their vinyl cutters do not work at all.   Did you download the USB driver from Graphtec and install it.?  Did you try a different USB cable?  Have you tried a trial of Vinyl Master?  Signcut or  Sure Cuts a Lot software?  When you do Command must be on HP-GL language.

You have to choose on your cutter, whether you are making changes to your vinyl cutter, by manual or thru the cutting software.(Program)  I went to Menu>background settings> Condition Priority>Program.  I cannot help you with Graphtec cutting software as your cutting software.  I have never used it. I use Flexistarter 8.6 cutting software, on COMMAND> HP-GL Language. Also, I only run my Graphtec on Windows XP, that is what I started with back in 2006, and still use to this day. It is very stable software.  You do not need a fancy updated computer to run a vinyl cutter. Inexpensive XP or even Windows 7 computers can be found online.  When the Cutting Controller is opened up and ready, the fan on the vinyl cutter kicks in and the display looks like this showing CONDITION 9.  This is on my Graphtec FC7000, but I have also purchased 2 CE5000-60.  The controller worked the same. 

DSCN9926.JPG

I'm thinking on getting Graphtec CE7000 60 Series. Once you know you can always make money with this lol.

Will try CE5000-60 again tho.

Did you ever get the CE5000-60 to do a test cut directly from the vinyl cutter TEST button?  Did you ever try the CE5000 with a trial software that uses HP-GL software?  Like Vinyl Master, Sign cut etc?  The CE5000-60 are very easy to set up on USB. 

I had to press origin and enter when it said "load meda" then it worked but now its not working even if I do that.

I did cut 4-Play without the borders background see screenshot

photo_2023-12-02_08-40-17.jpg

Maybe it is in your key pad. Did you look for a loose ribbon cable inside?

Maybe time to purchase another, you have already spent a lot of time on this.  Unless you want brand new, check for some good deals on Ebay, or Craig's list. If you have the room, and budget. Even check on the FC series,  You can find good deals on them cheaper than a new CE6000 or CE7000. They are very heavy duty machines.

I've been on hold for quite a long time with Exodus Customer Care support number.

I hate it when that happens.