Sign in to follow this  
kraut724

Vevor 720

Sorry in advance if this has been covered, I could not find anything 

so I picked up a Vevor 720 machine, it was cheap but did not have anything with it other then the usb and power cable, the seller said he got it in what sounded like a storage locker sale or something 

I have signblazer currently on my laptop , I connected the usb but could not reach the cutter. I didn’t think it would be that easy anyway

so, is there a driver available for this cutter

is there a link somewhere for sign master software

or 

Is there a way I can connect my current signblazer to it 

thanks

Hi, I'll give this a shot.

First of all, I believe Vevor cutters will not really run 100% properly with SignBlazer, it's one of the few proprietary machines that Jerry didn't get into the program, before he left us. Those Vevors ship from the distributor with SignMaster (it's like VinylMaster) and you might be able to get FutureCorp. to provide the version which supports that unit.

If you want to download and install SBE, (v7.0.0 in the HELP/About menu after install -- it's really just v6.0 with a 'crack' applied to eliminate the start-up nag screens), maybe use the LiYu or RedSail drivers first. Those are fairly standard for Chinese chipset machines. If it works, then great. If not, try other OEM models and check each of the output results. (My issue was with a Vevor that I was setting-up for a friend, and no matter which choice of driver we used, the cuts never closed perfectly. It was almost OK, just a micro-bit off, but just enough to make weeding impossible. We spent hours going through the list of options in CutterSetup, and nothing resolved that problem.) She now uses the Vevor with SignMaster.

As for the VCP (chipset USB emulation of Serial) I've had good luck with the STM virtual com port --
https://mydrivers.online/software/stm32-virtual-com-port-driver

If you cannot seem to get SignBlazer to work, you can try other cutting software.  They typically will have a trial version, and then you can see if your computer can successfully communicate with your cutter to begin with.

If you cannot seem to get SignBlazer to work, you can try other cutting software.  They typically will have a trial version, and then you can see if your computer can successfully communicate with your cutter to begin with.

When I used the refine cutter I used a usb to serial cable, I ordered one and am trying that as well. 

is there a driver for this machine?

When I used the refine cutter I used a usb to serial cable, I ordered one and am trying that as well. 

is there a driver for this machine?

I would check the Vevor website for any drivers.

Let's review the term "drivers" in this thread.

There are two different kinds of software drivers. One will allow the computer and cutter to communicate. This is part of the COM ports integration scheme of Windows. The computer operating system usually assigns that port number automatically when something is plugged into a USB socket.

If you cannot see the Port for the cutter in the drop-down when going into SignBlazer's CutterSetup/Output Device, then you will need to play around within Windows Ports Manager and figure out how to troubleshoot that aspect.
(SignBlazer only deals with Ports 1-4, so check that your cutter is using a port 4 or lower, as defined within the Device Manager of Windows OS).

What happened when you installed the VCP? You never said.

Anyway, once you can see the Port (and choose that in Cutter Setup within the cutting software), then SignBlazer will send through the data and the cutter will cut, but as I indicated above, the code is wrong for the machine and you may experience the problem I've encountered, namely, uncompleted paths (we call them hangnails).

That brings us to the other driver:  The cutting machine driver. This is program code which the cutting application uses to run the commands to trace paths of your design. We know that SignBlazer doesn't have an option for Vevor, and as such, the proper code to tell the machine how to work is not part of SignBlazer's capabilities, because although Jerry added pretty much every other machine on the market, he skipped Vevor. At this point, we'll never know why.

Let's review the term "drivers" in this thread.

There are two different kinds of software drivers. One will allow the computer and cutter to communicate. This is part of the COM ports integration scheme of Windows. The computer operating system usually assigns that port number automatically when something is plugged into a USB socket.

If you cannot see the Port for the cutter in the drop-down when going into SignBlazer's CutterSetup/Output Device, then you will need to play around within Windows Device Manager and figure out how to troubleshoot that aspect.
(SignBlazer only deals with Ports 1-4, so check that your cutter is using a port 4 or lower, as defined within the Device Manager of Windows OS).

What happened when you installed the VCP? You never said.

Anyway, once you can see the Port (and choose that in Cutter Setup within the cutting software), then SignBlazer will send through the data and the cutter will cut, but as I indicated above, the code is wrong for the machine and you may experience the problem I've encountered, namely, uncompleted paths (we call them hangnails).

That brings us to the other driver:  The cutting machine driver. This is program code which the cutting application uses to run the commands to trace paths of your design. We know that SignBlazer doesn't have an option for Vevor, and as such, the proper code to tell the machine how to work is not part of SignBlazer's capabilities, because although Jerry added pretty much every other machine on the market, he skipped Vevor. At this point, we'll never know why.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what VCP means

in the past I used this laptop with signblazer with a refine machine via a usb to serial cable

if I remember correctly in the settings I would choose usb to serial. 

is Sure cuts a lot a better or more current software that may work with this cutter since I can’t seem to find the signmaster software anywhere

i also plan on using a newer pc I have with this cutter since my laptop is an old snail. Is there any issues using a pc instead of a laptop

thanks for all the help so far

Out of curiosity, have you done a test cut, to make sure the x-axis, grit rollers, and z-axis are all functional?

Cutters are some pretty basic machines, and the tech on them doesn't advance as quickly as computers.  You can use a newer PC, but it won't necessarily get you a higher level of compatibility with the machine.  

Drivers: If you're using a serial to USB (keyspan), then you will need the correct driver for your computer for the keyspan device.  A "driver" for the cutter will usually be handled within whichever cutter software you choose to use.  Is the only type of communication port on the cutter, serial? 

Google says that software that is compatible with Vevor's are: SignCut, SignMaster, and Flexi.  I am unfamiliar to all of them, so I would say if those have trial versions of their software, then try those out and see if you can get your PC to communicate with your cutter.

Let's rewind and start again.

1. I already offered you a place to obtain the last release version of SignBlazer (hot-linked in my posting, just click on the blue words "download and install")

Turn off your virus defender, otherwise you're gonna have it prevent download/install (due to the internal 'crack' scheme, but the program is fine & dandy, not a trojan or malware).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fjk69hgu2cpnr16/signblazer_setup.exe/file

2. "As for the VCP (USB emulation of Serial) I've had good luck with the STM virtual com port "

It says right there VCP = virtual com port

Download it, install it, and plug in your machine.
Open SignBlazer and go to CUTTER SETUP,  you should see that STM listed.

After you successfully do what I've indicated, get back to us.

(I am ignoring all reference to the USB serial adapter, you shouldn't have to go that route, just stick with the straight USB connection)

Out of curiosity, have you done a test cut, to make sure the x-axis, grit rollers, and z-axis are all functional?

Cutters are some pretty basic machines, and the tech on them doesn't advance as quickly as computers.  You can use a newer PC, but it won't necessarily get you a higher level of compatibility with the machine.  

Drivers: If you're using a serial to USB (keyspan), then you will need the correct driver for your computer for the keyspan device.  A "driver" for the cutter will usually be handled within whichever cutter software you choose to use.  Is the only type of communication port on the cutter, serial? 

Google says that software that is compatible with Vevor's are: SignCut, SignMaster, and Flexi.  I am unfamiliar to all of them, so I would say if those have trial versions of their software, then try those out and see if you can get your PC to communicate with your cutter.

Haumana, as he turns on the cutter, (or hits reset button) it performs a full self-test action of all three axis. Zip-Zip-Kerplunk. That indicates good functionality of the machine. (a 'test cut' is a very different thing than just seeing if the unit is working on all 3 directions xyz).

You are right about the tech of cutters. It's pretty much the same as when plotters first were built in the 1950's, (Remington-Rand and Hewlett-Packard)

Our mission is to get the cutter to respond and cut. SignBlazer will do that, once the com port issue is solved.

Moving forward, after that's accomplished and the unit springs to life when sending "CUT" from SBE, then he can go ahead and buy the compatible software of his choice (probably Signmaster is the way to go, around $50)

The Vevor720 has USB. No need for an adaptor of any kind.

Haumana, as he turns on the cutter, (or hits reset button) it performs a full self-test action of all three axis. Zip-Zip-Zip. That indicates good functionality of the machine. (a 'test cut' is a very different thing than just seeing if the unit is working on all 3 directions xyz)....

My bad. I don't pay attention to any of my cutters to see if they do some kind of zip-zip-zip self-test., hence why I asked about doing a self-test.

I'm guessing that the Vevor the OP has probably also has a serial port. 

Let's rewind and start again.

1. I already offered you a place to obtain the last release version of SignBlazer (hot-linked in my posting, just click on the blue words "download and install")

Turn off your virus defender, otherwise you're gonna have it prevent download/install (due to the internal 'crack' scheme, but the program is fine & dandy, not a trojan or malware).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fjk69hgu2cpnr16/signblazer_setup.exe/file

2. "As for the VCP (USB emulation of Serial) I've had good luck with the STM virtual com port "

It says right there VCP = virtual com port

Download it, install it, and plug in your machine.
Open SignBlazer and go to CUTTER SETUP,  you should see that STM listed.

After you successfully do what I've indicated, get back to us.

(I am ignoring all reference to the USB serial adapter, you shouldn't have to go that route, just stick with the straight USB connection)

I already have signblazer with the crack

i am going to try the new serial to usb cable I’m getting today as well

Sorry I’m not a super tech guy, I do know this laptop worked with the refine cutter, I was under the assumption the Vevor was just a copy and would work all the same.

i will keep trying

Sign Master software is made by Future Corp. the same maker of Vinyl Master.  Vevor vinyl cutters are also listed on Vinyl Master as a vinyl cutter that can be set up with.  A current software with upgrades can be purchased for $59.00 the lowest price. There are other models than just 720.  There are letters in front of that Model 720.  I am showing  AB-720 the first one on the list. You could look at the demo  that is free to download. 

https://vinylmaster.software/   Vinylmaster is given with each cutter that UScutter sells for Windows.  Plenty of support and tutorials for it.   Signmaster can also be found online. https://signmaster.software/    VinylMaster must be purchased from the VinylMaster website to be use it with a VEVOR, as it is an ALL  vinyl cutter version of software.    UScutter sells UScutter version of Vinyl Master for the cutters that they sell. 

vevor 720.jpg

• Like 1

Well, good luck with it.

Asked you twice about VCP. You didn't answer.

Ok, sorry, haven’t had time to mess with it. I do appreciate the help

We'll just be waiting here with bated breath.

And out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it?

We'll just be waiting here with bated breath.

And out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it?

Sorry if I’ve inconvenienced anybody, I was just looking for help. I did connect it to my newer pc with the usb and downloaded SCAL. 

cutter connected and works. 

I paid 60 bucks for it

You got plenty of help, dindn'tja? Were you able to connect without the VCP? Are you happy with using SCAL? Sixty bucks is a great deal, especially now that it functions, and isn't a brick. When we are troubleshooting, it's usually best to be near the machine, so we aren't getting through one step at a time every few days. Anyway, it's all good, congrats.

You got plenty of help, dindn'tja? Were you able to connect without the VCP? Are you happy with using SCAL? Sixty bucks is a great deal, especially now that it functions, and isn't a brick. When we are troubleshooting, it's usually best to be near the machine, so we aren't getting through one step at a time every few days. Anyway, it's all good, congrats.

I learned signblazer on my own about 14 years ago or so. I don’t know if SCAL is the best thing to try but I see a lot of tutorials on YouTube that will help. 

im still not sure what VCP means, it took two tries to find the right port on the cutter setup in the software to get it to communicate

i also tried to download vinylmaster and it asks for an email, we’ll I did that and it never sent the email. I’ll start with SCAL to get back into cutting. I only using this on a hobbyist level so I don’t need anything too fancy.

thanks again to all who helped 

You're welcome.

Just to go back to the VCP thing. It's a small little driver that installs a VIRTUAL COM PORT (vcp) which will then appear in the SignBlazer CutterSetup menu, and you choose it in the list.

Did SCAL actually have the Vevor listed as a cutter? Nice.
SCAL is sufficient for basic hobbyist things.

If you want, install a FONT (wingdings) with a bunch of Christmas-y items. 'Tis the season...

https://cuttingforbusiness.com/10-free-commercial-use-christmas-dingbat-fonts/

You're welcome.

Just to go back to the VCP thing. It's a small little driver that installs a VIRTUAL COM PORT (vcp) which will then appear in the SignBlazer CutterSetup menu, and you choose it in the list.

Did SCAL actually have the Vevor listed as a cutter? Nice.
SCAL is sufficient for basic hobbyist things.

If you want, install a FONT (wingdings) with a bunch of Christmas-y items. 'Tis the season...

https://cuttingforbusiness.com/10-free-commercial-use-christmas-dingbat-fonts/

Yes, Vevor was there.

honestly after playing with that 2008 laptop and trying to get it to do just anything anymore(slow)it’s not worth going back to signblazer. now that I made connection and don’t have a brick here I’m satisfied. 

now I just need to re learn things as well as learn this SCAL basics

• Like 1

Mahalo for keeping us updated.  I'm sure this thread will be able to help others in the future.

i also tried to download vinylmaster and it asks for an email, we’ll I did that and it never sent the email. I’ll start with SCAL to get back into cutting. I only using this on a hobbyist level so I don’t need anything too fancy.

My email from Vinyl Master showed up in the junk mail, when I did it. From Future Corporation, Request it again, if you want to try it. 

My email from Vinyl Master showed up in the junk mail, when I did it. From Future Corporation, Request it again, if you want to try it. 

Just for fun I just looked again, nothing