claimer14

Flexi not sending to cutter

Hello,

I have a mh1351, flexi 7.5 and 7.6, using a USB adapter. First picture is when trying to cut.  Any suggestion what to check for. Thank you 

20231007_154415.jpg

20231007_140431.jpg

The only USB adapter guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter is a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.  Tripplite is the brand name, and you will need a null modem serial cable to connect the cable to the vinyl cutter. The Tripp lite Keyspan Adapter will have it's own driver to download and it will show up in your computer device manager.   You only use com port numbers 1-4. Nothing higher.   I see you have 6, won't work. Go into the port properties and change it down to 1 or 2 .  Then make sure your computer device manager com port # and Flexi com port number are the same.  They must match. 

Is the WRITE PORT ERROR happening in between the cutting program or the cutting is not able to start????

In former case, it would be due to a long program being run at slow speeds or static charge messing up with the cutter. Believe me, I have chinese version of creation pcut ct630 with flexi 10 starter and I usually have the issues every now and then.

In latter case, it would be due to the unreliability of a USB adapter. See if you can get a serial port to serial port cable and use it to communicate with the machine.

Also, as Skeeter said, try not to go for COM PORT higher than 4.

Alright I will change it to lower port, I switched to different port seeing if that would work. It was on port 4 before changing. Second picture is when I send it to the cutter then first picture comes after that giving write port error. It just stays at 0%, I will try using serial to serial cable. Thank you, will update once try them

You should have downloaded the driver for the USB to serial adapter. reboot your computer. Go into your computer device manager.  What is the  com port number there that the driver downloaded to?  It should be between 1-4. If not change it to a number between 1-4. Then go the Flexi set up and choose the same com port number. They must match. 

What computer operating system are you using?   Flexi 7.5 and  7.6 are for Windows XP and older operating systems. or use compatibility mode XP.

Yes, I had disc for the usb to serial adapter. It shows up in ports, yes I know to make sure com ports are matching. I think Vista or xp. 

You never mentioned what brand of USB to serial adapter you are using. Only Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin is guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter. Most any other USB to serial adapter will be as bad as the cheap USB Chinese chipset that is in the MH vinyl cutter. It is not TRUE USB. The MH cutter is bad about connecting. Some people have no problems, others nothing but problems. Does the cutter work now that you matched the com port numbers?  Is this a new vinyl cutter to you. or the same one that you had problems with back in 2009? 

So I have been using a gear head usb adapter. Change com ports to match on com 4, uninstalled driver for usb adapter and reinstalled driver, it is not communicating still. I even change baud to 2400 on cutter, program manager for usb adapter and production manager. The same vinyl cutter from 2009, I don't remember what problem was then but I changed the board on cutter. What issue was it doing in 2009 sorry can't remember and can't see what I posted. I have order Tripp-Lite keyspan adapter, it will be here tomorrow.

Attached video what it does when sending it to the cutter.

Why are you using any serial adapter? How come you're not just running straight-through USB from cutter to computer?

When I've had USB com issues in the past, my solution was to install the VCP driver.

https://mydrivers.online/software/stm32-virtual-com-port-driver
and
https://quadmeup.com/stm32-virtualcomport-driver-for-windows

Edited by slice&dice
Provided two new links for the STM installer download

Does the cutter still do the TEST feature, without being connected to the computer?  Change the baud rate to 4800 or 9600. Try both.  You will also need a null modem serial cable to attach to the Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter. then to the vinyl cutter. Cables can get broken wires. And you should not use long cables.  Most important is showing screen shots of your computer device manager driver installed, and your Flexi set up. If that doesn't work, time to get a new upgrade away from the MH cutter line. You could also try a trial version of a different cutting software, to see if it is the vinyl cutter problem or the software problem. 

Yes it does do test from cutter, I will adjust baud to 4800 or 9600, it was on 9600. When I get home from work and get pictures of device manager and flexi setup. Man really, I have had this cutter for 15+ years. I know there will come time for a new one

What vinyl cutter are you selecting as the "brand" name on your vinyl cutter set up in Flexi?  If the Flexi has Red Sail Tech, try it.  People use the Red Sail brand for the MH cutter in SignBlazer.  Both your device manager and the Flexi have to have the baud rate the same. I would try 9600 on both.  Open up the properties in device manager and make sure it is on 9600 as well as Flexi set up. 

" You could also try a trial version of a different cutting software, to see if it is the vinyl cutter problem or the software problem.  "

Trial versions of cutting software normally have cutting/printing feature disabled.
VinylMaster Demo, for instance, won't allow export/Cut/Print.

claimer14, did you try the VCP suggested?

" You could also try a trial version of a different cutting software, to see if it is the vinyl cutter problem or the software problem.  "

Trial versions of cutting software normally have cutting/printing feature disabled.
VinylMaster Demo, for instance, won't allow export/Cut/Print.

claimer14, did you try the VCP suggested?

Signcut has a trial. And with Scalp it will just put a couple slices thru it, but you still know if it is connected. Trouble shooting with it.  Signcut.Three weeks unrestricted.

https://signcut.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/19000035466-can-i-try-signcut-before-i-make-a-purchase-

Why are you using any serial adapter? How come you're not just running straight-through USB from cutter to computer?

When I've had USB com issues in the past, my solution was to install the VCP driver.
http://kiss.flyduino.net/download/stm32-virtual-com-drivers-64bit-pc

The link doesn't work, click on it and can't find it.  I am open to all options.  Tripp-Lite keyspan adapter came yesterday, used disk that came with it but com port would be com9 so I had to change to com4 when it was in com4 and same result.  Should I use a different driver?

Try all 1-4 comports and make sure you also change the com ports in Flexi. Make sure all baud rates are on 9600. Was Red Sail there?  Is the null modem cable new?  Did you try a trial software?  A newer software will have the MH cutter in it.  You never showed the screen shots of the new settings with the Tripp-lite.  Device manager and Flexi set up.   If nothing works, time to get off that cutter and get a newer cutter.  A SC2 is a better upgrade. 

I couldn't get Slice/Dice download to work either. 

This page isn’t working

kiss.flyduino.net didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

It's always a challenge to keep track of live links for files/downloads (we've been doing our best to keep a good link to SignBlazer over the years, as hosting for the installer file was dropped by USCUTTER due to it being abandonware and unsupported).

That VCP link was to a website that offers USB virtual com port for flying quadcopters. I don't know why they dropped the download, but a quick google search provides several alternatives --

https://mydrivers.online/software/stm32-virtual-com-port-driver (OS versions prior to Windows7 are compatible with the Windows7 installations included in the zip package.)

and this guy is providing access ---> https://quadmeup.com/stm32-virtualcomport-driver-for-windows