binin

CE 7000 doesnt close lines

Hello everyone and greetings from Bulgaria :)
Sorry for the google english, I hope I won't break some rules and stay understood, but I need help.
I have a brand new Graphtec CE-7000-40 that I will be using to cut F-Mark labels. The problem is that days after they installed the machine, a problem appeared. Support told me to send the plotter to them so they could check what was going on because we tried everything they could think of over the phone - including resetting the plotter.
But I imagined that it was a software problem :) that's why I decided to ask in the forums.

The problem is the following - the plotter stopped closing the lines - we noticed it on a circle with a diameter of 100 mm - the gap that remained is about 5 mm long.
We reset the plotter, played a circle from the Cutting Master - the result is the same. Then I noticed that even when doing a test - the triangle are not closed all the way. I am attaching a photo and I hope someone will share if they are familiar with the problem.
P.P. I also tried with another blade holder from another plotter and it didn't work.

0-02-05-9c1c1ad60a31bdd644d5f6ba993d023b99fe77636b5d433de8d8458d7b56f70e_9ec903bce45ebc44.jpg

If the test cut isn't even working right, it is not a software problem, something is wrong with the cutter itself.

Let's start with the basics here.  Blade depth. That is where you start your set up.  Too many incorrect instructions out there.  This works for correct blade depth. This has helped hundreds on this forum. You don't need that little piece that Graphtec sends to set blade depth. You set this to the vinyl you are using/cutting at the time. Make sure you have the blade holder in the correct hole over the cutting strip. And that the blade holder is down and secured by the flange holding it down.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct. 

blade depth.jpg

Let's start with the basics here.  Blade depth. That is where you start your set up.  Too many incorrect instructions out there.  This works for correct blade depth. This has helped hundreds on this forum. You don't need that little piece that Graphtec sends to set blade depth. You set this to the vinyl you are using/cutting at the time. Make sure you have the blade holder in the correct hole over the cutting strip. And that the blade holder is down and secured by the flange holding it down. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct.  

This is setup right - the problem isn't there

" send the plotter to them "   -- that is your best answer, directly from Graphtec support.

We have no clue what you have tried. 

Other option, Try a different blade holder, different blade. Are you sure that you didn't break the blade tip off? It is very easy to do.  It is very hard to see a broken blade tip with the naked eye. The square and triangle should be perfect without software.  Personally I use controls on my Graphtec, only from the Graphtec Cutting Controller. I never use controls on my vinyl cutter it's self. Only to set the Roll>enter.  I have my pinch rollers sensor and media sensor  turned off in Background settings, so that the cutter doesn't measure the vinyl and have to mess with the pinch rollers being a little off. Make sure the blade is spinning good,  Put a little light oil in the blade holder.

" send the plotter to them "   -- that is your best answer, directly from Graphtec support. 

That's what I did, thanks!

We have no clue what you have tried. 

Other option, Try a different blade holder, different blade. Are you sure that you didn't break the blade tip off? It is very easy to do.  It is very hard to see a broken blade tip with the naked eye. The square and triangle should be perfect without software.  Personally I use controls on my Graphtec, only from the Graphtec Cutting Controller. I never use controls on my vinyl cutter it's self. Only to set the Roll>enter.  I have my pinch rollers sensor and media sensor  turned off in Background settings, so that the cutter doesn't measure the vinyl and have to mess with the pinch rollers being a little off. Make sure the blade is spinning good,  Put a little light oil in the blade holder. 

I also have another CE-6000 plotter that works fine - I tried with its blade holder and blade and the result was the same - apparently the problem is not there.
As I said, I sent the plotter to the support, if they inform me intelligibly what the problem was, I will write. Thank you all.