Guest Edward Morales

Recovery

Guest Edward Morales

I’ve been working on a project ready for cut, and after I separated my image to cut by color. My program froze. When I reopened most of my progress was gone but when I opened recent file it showed up on the thumb nail when I closed out file it ask to save and I hit yes and when I open the recent file it open the file I had just closed. Can I revert before the save because I never saved the original before the freeze.

I’ve been working on a project ready for cut, and after I separated my image to cut by color. My program froze. When I reopened most of my progress was gone but when I opened recent file it showed up on the thumb nail when I closed out file it ask to save and I hit yes and when I open the recent file it open the file I had just closed. Can I revert before the save because I never saved the original before the freeze.

Look online for some backup files being created for your particular programing software. Almost every software does it by default. It is just the matter of finding it out which file. Hopefully, your software might have some backup file saved somewhere in the temporary files folder. If you happen to find one, just google it on how to retrieve it. Many a times the backup files are retrieved by the same software.

Fingers crossed by if it fails, then really tough luck mate

Sorry to hear that you lost a lot of your work. VM has a very basic ability to configure automatic backups, but maybe this will help.

At any rate, if you keep your artwork and working graphic files on a single computer, I would suggest either subscribing to an online backup service such as BackBlaze or Carbonite, and/or get yourself an external drive to manually backup your files periodically. When I get desperate, I will have Explorer search the entire computer for anything with a particular file extentsion (ie. *.docx, *.xlsx, etc.). It might take a while, but it might point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Where to open a possible backup file in VM:

VM Backups.png

Default location for my VM backup files:

VM Backup Location.png

File extension for the VM Backups:

VM BUP File Type.png

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.