xdesign305

PHOTOSHOP 2022 ISSUES

A little back story. I was running Windows 10 and everything was great......up until my hard drive crashed. Got a new computer that came with windows 11. Installed all previous software from previous desktop(Illustrator, VinylMaster and Photoshop) 

Here is the issue Im having with Photoshop. I can open it and I can create a file. What I can. not do is open a file...png, jpeg, psd anything. Its crashes completely. No error messages just crashes. I wonder if the NVIDIA Card thats installed is the problem...

Has anyone come across this or has anyone heard of this issue before?

Thanks 

Haven't not heard of that, but my first step would be to verify you have the latest drivers for the video card. If you do, then I'd try reinstalling Photoshop.

Not really a direct correlation to your problem, but on my computer (WinXP) when I need to do pixel-based image editing my go-to choice is GIMP.

Rarely do I even touch raster graphics, but for the few times something comes along, the GIMP photo-editor fits the requirement.

Beyond that open-source GNU Image Manipulation Program , my most used graphics third-party program is IrfanView.

I have downloaded the latest driver for the card. If i go to the settings on photoshop, it recognizes the video card. On the control panel of the video card the only software that it shows up is Illustrator. Going to contact Adobe to see if theres a solution for this because photoshop is useless to me if I cant open a file up. 

I did download GIMP also. Hopefully I can get familiar with it during this long weekend.