Sign in to follow this  
Breed445

Change the cut path?

I am not sure if that is what I am trying to do but here we go, I am working on making a sign and I have it all designed. I want the top portion of the graphic to cut out but the bottom to just be a square cut out. Is this possible?

On 10/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, Breed445 said:

I am not sure if that is what I am trying to do but here we go, I am working on making a sign and I have it all designed. I want the top portion of the graphic to cut out but the bottom to just be a square cut out. Is this possible?

The cutter will cut any vector line you have on your graphic, so if you want just the bottom to be a square cut out, the vector graphic you send to your cutter should only have a square. Meaning, if there's a design in the square, then make yourself a copy of your graphic (just in case), and then alter the copy by deleting any and all lines you do not want cut.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Breed445 said:

That is exactly what I was looing for . Thank you so much!

Hopefully you got it figured out. It is also often helpful to look at your design in "wire frame" mode. All vector design programs have this view option.  What you see in wire frame is what your cutter see's. The colors you choose to fill different objects lets your cutting software determine and separate out multiple color projects and send just the specific group to the cutter. (All the red, all the green etc...) Your cutter just follows along the paths that are sent. 

Good luck and if you still have issues post a screen shot of what you go going on. (no copyright protected items please) It's easier to help if we can see the problem. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this