Sign in to follow this  
trpetty2

Why does my knife cut only small pieces of a job at a time?

Hello everyone, I'm just wondering :)  Let's say that I want to cut out my name, "Tim Petty", the blade will cut the "T" or protions of the "T" then skip all the way over to the "y" and cut it out, or portions of it. Then back over to the "i" and then back to the last "t" in "Petty" and so on...

I didn't know if there is something that I change in the settings or not...

Thank you for your help...

Tim Petty

If you are using SignCut, make sure you are not running in "test mode". It will tell you at the top of the program. If so, make sure you register SignCut right away.

Which cutter are you using and on which connection? Are you using something other than SingCut to cut?

K

Guest fivestar

You've got "optimize cutting order" turned on.  Well that's what it is called in Flexi, I dunno what it would be called in any other program.  It would be close to that name.

Thank you everyone for you help.

I am using SignCut - X2 PE. I have regestered it and I don't think that I am running a test mode version. At least I don't see anything saying "test mode". At the top of the screen, it says "SignCut - X2 PE.

I haven't found anything like "optimize cutting order" in the settings to uncheck.

A pre thank you ....Tim...

It sounds like SignCut is registered properly. Which program are you using to create your text? SignCut is strictly a cutting program and the text feature in it is not meant to be used to create text for cutting. Create your text in a graphics program, then import the file to SignCut for cutting. Inkscape is a freeware graphics program that you can download from

www.inkscape.org

Let me know if this helps.

Ken

So you are saving your files in .eps format when importing to SignCut? Also, are there blue dotted lines through your graphic when you go to cut it. Tile lines may cause this (the blue dotted lines).

If you could email a copy of the file you are trying to cut, I will try and figure out what is going on.

kenimes@uscutter.com

It sounds like SignCut is registered properly. Which program are you using to create your text? SignCut is strictly a cutting program and the text feature in it is not meant to be used to create text for cutting. Create your text in a graphics program, then import the file to SignCut for cutting. Inkscape is a freeware graphics program that you can download from

www.inkscape.org

Let me know if this helps.

Ken

I don't understand this..I have no problems creating,sizing,or cutting text with signcut. Am I missing something?

Here's another clue to what might be going on.  I cut some larger fonts today and noticed that on either side of the font, it isn't cut in a complete line. What I mean is, it looks as if the cutter has tried to cut the top of the letter, then the bottom, but didn't complete the cut in the middle :huh:

Thanks,  Tim....

I would try either installing inkscape or even typing text in windows notepad to see if you can get a good cut.The cutter only cuts the commands that are sent to it.If you are using corel,there is something you are missing in the save.You are either not grouping the design before you save or the outline for the cut is not saved right.