dvddvd

Why does this happen?

Dont know why this is happening but I'm using vinylmaster DSR and a liyu DF631 cutter

I can cut a design and then load another one and when I click cut now nothing happens. It let's me go right to the cut now pop up and the only way round it is to turn the cutter off and send it again and cut now? Then it works?

Have you tried to submit a ticket to VinylMaster?

Instead of restarting the cutter, have you tried to restart VinylMaster instead?

You should always be dumping the data from the last order, by turning off or reset. Possibly overloading the memory. 

Just tried a reset on the cutter and it worked.

Only trouble is I normally set new point of origin etc and then send to cut. It would mean having to set new point of origin everytime if I have to reset everytime which can not be right?

You should be setting a new origin point every time.  That is where the cutter starts measuring the design to be cut from.  That is why you push the ORIGIN button.  That is your X0 Y0 point. ORIGIN is your starting point to start measuring your design to be cut. .  Unless you have multiple copies of same design that your running at the same time. But you still hit ORIGIN before you send that group of multiples.  I push all of my buttons so fast on my cutter from memory, that I don't even have to think about pushing the ORIGIN button.   Every cutter has a certain amount of memory, and your cutter is not going to accept more data until it has room for more. That is either by shutting it off or resetting it. When you turn the cutter off or reset, you no longer have an origin point. 

What do you think ORIGIN is for? 

Feel free to look it up online

The origin IS the starting point for the cutter but may not be the starting point for the cut. It basically just denotes the zero point on both axis' and you will usually have to push the enter button once you move the cutting head and feed roller to zero it back out.

• Like 1

I do set a new origin point everytime?

What I was saying is I set a new point of origin everytime and then press cut. If it dont cut and I have to press reset I have to set the point of origin again after the reset?

So maybe I have to reset everytime? Then set point of origin afterwards?

Sometimes it's fine, sometimes its not 

I turn my cutter off and back on for every order.  That way the data is dumped.  Then no problems. I usually run very large orders, like 20" wide x 96" long  and even longer than that.  Some 27" w x 16 ft. .   My niche' is large decals. Some are very detailed with a lot of nodes.  And I am running a Graphtec.  Maybe your cutter has limited memory. It's not about the size, but the amount of nodes.   I don't know anything about your cutter, but the Liyu cutters that are sold on UScutter have a limited memory. We have seen it for years.

Hi thanks it has a 1GB memory so should be able to cope with more than 3 jobs in a row? They were simple t shirt size text with a small graphic 

1 hour ago, dvddvd said:

They are closed at the moment due to the lockdown...

Submit the ticket anyway, then at least you'll be in the line up for support when they return to work. A lot of companies may be 'working from home' and it really doesn't hurt, if you're going to submit a trouble ticket anyway, sooner is always better than later.

Its basically the same as a Liyu DC, TC 631 was told it had the same motherboard when setting up the only difference is that it has a servo instead of a stepper motor

Liyu DF631

I have been on here since 2008,   These cutters do not have 1G memory.   Taken from a Liyu SC spec sheet.   

Liyu.JPG

Features
  • USB2.0 Interface, Support Hot-Swappable, With Serial Port to support more long-distance data transaction
  • 1GB Super-Memory,Long time Offline Cutting, The data Storage can be achieved even in Blackout

5 minutes ago, dvddvd said:

Its the DF model ?

That cutter has never been sold here. No one here has experience with it.   The Liyu cutters that have been sold here are all stepper vinyl cutters. 

Liyu DF 631-AF Vinyl Cutter Cutting Plotter with Servo Motor and ARMS  for Contour and Long Distance Cutting

DF Series Vinyl Cutter with Optical Tracking Contour + FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY

This fully automatic vinyl cutter achieves excellent quality without interference from other light sources in high resolution. 1GB super-memory achieves long-time offline performance. Comes with new high-speed STM32 remote control system, achieving high-speed with lower noise. Comes with emergency stop and start to return at anytime to monitor the cutting quality.

Features
  • USB2.0 Interface, Support Hot-Swappable, With Serial Port to support more long-distance data transaction
  • 1GB Super-Memory,Long time Offline Cutting, The data Storage can be achieved even in Blackout
  • Copy last job feature, automatically store in internal flash memory (up to 99 copies even after power off).
  • New High-Speed PIC Remote Control System, Higher Speed while Lower Noise
  • Digital Force & Speed Adjustable, Direct & Steady
  • Humane Design, Allows to adjust cutting force and speed while working
  • High-Precision “Steel Bardbed” Axis, Higher Accuracy
  • Auto Memory of Blade Force & Speed. Adjustable at any time, easy to use
  • Emergency Stop & Stop to return at any time to monitor the cutting quality
  • Support all Windows including Windows 10 (Vista 64bit require signature option Disable), Mac OS X 10.3+ support with Signcut Pro via Serial to usb adaptor* (Optional not included)
  • 32- bit processor, provides a faster and more stable performance
  • Direct cutting from CorelDraw available via plug-in
Specifications for DF631-AF
  • Max Cutting width: 630mm / 2.07ft
  • Max Media Width: 710mm / 2.33ft
  • Cutting length: unlimited
  • Max cutting speed: 800mm / s
  • Number Model: DF631-AF
  • Repeat cut: Yes
  • Voltage: AC220V (110V) + _ 15%
  • Paper feed width: 710mm / 880mm / 1340mm
  • Cache capacity: 1Mb – Recyclable
  • Driver: Servo Motor
  • Cutting width: 630mm / 800mm / 1260mm
  • Interface type: Usb
  • Interface: Serial Port&USB2.0/U disk
  • Language Format: HPGL or DMPL
  • Repeatability: 0.127mm
  • Resolution: 0.0254mm/step
  • LCD Display & Stand: Yes
Specifications for DF1261-AF

• Max Cutting width: 1260mm / 4.13ft
  • Max Media Width: 1340mm / 4.40ft
  • Cutting length: unlimited
  • Max cutting speed: 800mm / s
  • Number Model: 1261-AF
  • Repeat cut: Yes
  • Voltage: AC220V (110V) + _ 15%
  • Paper feed width: 710mm / 880mm / 1340mm
  • Cache capacity: 1Mb – Recyclable
  • Driver: Servo Motor
  • Cutting width: 630mm / 800mm / 1260mm
  • Interface type: Usb
  • Interface: Serial Port&USB2.0/U disk
  • Language Format: HPGL or DMPL
  • Repeatability: 0.127mm
  • Resolution: 0.0254mm/step
  • LCD Display & Stand: Yes
Contents Include
  • Cutting Plotter
  • Cutting plotter stand
  • Core pen: 1
  • connection cable: 1
  • power cable: 1
  • USB cable: 1
  • Blade: 3
  • Pen holder: 1
  • Instruction manual: 1
  • Download: SignMaster 1 set

UK Standards

All products are CE marked and are UK standards approved

It could not possibly have the same board.   The Liyu  SC  and the SC2 stepper cutters don't have ARMS. They have manual contour cutting.   These cutters are sold as value cutters at USCutter. 

It seems to work like a dream, except for this question.

Its my first cutter and never used one ever before, i didnt even know they existed.

Its so far cut with ease every thing ive asked it to do.

Its super quiet and fine detail to less than a mm.

The LIYU DF cutter has ARMS  LIYU DF but also is  a servo motor model for £679

The other 2 models under it both have ARMS but stepper motors instead

The LIYU DC cutter has ARMS LIYU DC with ARMS for £527

Also the LIYU TC cutter has ARMS  LIYU TC631 with ARMS for £396

All have the same motherboard and a 1GB memory. When i bought the cutter my model was not listed and was told to use either the DC or TC model software

The Lazerpoint cutters on UScutters have the same carriage as the LIYU models so i assume they are very similair or just rebranded. The DF model is quite a new model

Many same drivers work for many different vinyl cutters.  Some people use the Graphtec 50 for the newer Graphtecs in Signblazer. Redsail for the Refine.  and many others.   Roland PNC 1000 is a universal driver that can work for many different cutters.   The Saga /TItan vinyl cutter runs on a Copam driver in Signblazer. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.