Sign in to follow this  
Kristy

Craftrobo????? should I buy it?????

I'm looking for a small desktop size cutter under $500.... I've heard good and bad ........ I would just like opinions on the Craftrobo cutter?:lol: Is it worth buying? Any know problems or limitations???

There are several members here who consider the 24" and at times the 36" as a "desktop" cutter.

What are the biggest thing you think you'll be needing to cut?

I had a craft robo once....unless things have changed....the blade and blade holder are one piece...you cannot just pop in a new blade. Cost of blade holder with blade,2 years ago,was $35.

Cutting force was adjusted by adding a or taking away a ring from the blade holder.

Software was hard to work with. Woudn't import any standard file types. Pinch rollers are NOT adjustable...you have to use 9 inch vinyl or a carrier sheet (expensive)

Just my take....US Cutter offers a 12 inch cutter. I suggest it instead of the craft robo.

It is a good machine for scrap bookers and crafters. You CAN do sme basic stuff but it's not easy. I could NEVER get it to cut letters the size that the software showed.

On the plus side...the CR is made my graphtec,and is a solid machine.

hi kristy,

i owned a craftrobo2 for a short while. my issue with it was depending on what ur cutting and how many the machine gets hot and u have to unplug it and wait 5 min before starting this back up every two full pages. and yes the software is somewhat limited but it did get the job done. now they do have a bladeholder that u can drop the blade in but the blades r so expensive. the carrier sheet is nerve wrecking, the contour cutting feature is hit or miss. if ur going to be doing a lot i wouldn't suggest it. but just for a now and then crafter i would say it's okay. i returned my after discovering the pcut and learning all i could do with vinyl. i actually at the time paid more for the craft robo than i did for my pcut24.

i hope this helps, and good luck with ur venture. :lol: