Sign in to follow this  
smoovlatino

Cuts across graphic randomly

ok thanks ken....I'll have to see if I can pick one up tomorrow....Would not having it in A/C be part of the problem?

I have heard of instances where the temp in the room caused the problem, you might point a fan at the machine to see if it helps. It's getting hot in alot of places.

Make sure your blade isn't set too low that it hits the vinyl when there's no force on it. After my MH721 gets done cutting the decal it makes weeding lines and then it goes diagonally across the decal but doesn't cut the vinyl.

Ok...Thanks guys, I got an adapter coming, 5 to 7 business days, I'll let you know.....

ok, here's what I got.....I got the adapter, couldn't get to work with computer, picked up a Belkin 9 pin to USB.....Fired it up, and I had to cut 16' of vinyl, made it about 8', and it put a line all the way back through what had been cut.....Now I had the enable safe long cuts on, but I think I was using it wrong...It would get done transferring the data for that amount of inches(72), but the cutter wasn't done cutting. I hit the ok button and sent the info on anyways....I think it was sending to much at once, also I had the Baud rate at 9600. I changed the safe cutting length to 48", and also waited until it was done cutting that amount before I hit the OK button.....I changed the Baud to 4800 on both computer, and cutter....Cut out that 16', plus a whole lot more, and haven't had any problems with it cutting across the graphic, it goes back to the side of the vinyl, then down the side when going back to origin.....If anyone is having these problems, I hope this helps some...

great!!!!!! sounds like the SAME problems I have with my pcut 630. guess i'll be taking advantage of the 30 day moneyback because Im not owning another p.o.s.!!!!!!!!

Most of the cutters do not cut the "line of death" through the finished cut, but a few have. Some have solved it by making sure the cutter is grounded properly, some have solved it by cooling the room the cutter is in, and MJR may have found another way to solve it. Bottom line......it is an issue with very few of the cutters, and there can be several different factors causing it. Regardless, we want you to have a cutter you are happy with, and if you ever have a problem, we are here to make it right.

;D

Other than the "line of Death", I am very pleased with the MH721! It has more than payed for itself, and I really haven't done that many jobs....Glad I went this route....Can't beat the support you get on this site also....

I have a refine 721,my brother has the pcut 630.Neither if us has EVER had the 'line of death'(except when I was using a demo version of a software that did it on purpose). My refine isn't grounded other than through the plug, no air conditioning in my shop.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. In MOST cases,I don't think the problem is in the cutter itself.

And,if I ask for advice and don't follow it,just keep complaining,and assume something is not going to work before I get it..what does that say about me?

like I said banner, I've heard what I need to hear and have calmed down and have hope that the machine will work for me. I'm looking forward to the 31st when it is suppose to show up in the mail. Is there anything anyone suggests doing before cutting with it?

Make sure the carriage is seated on the tracks properly, it sometimes pops off during shipping and would cause eratic cutting and frustrate the heck outa ya.

Other than that, it should be an easy setup and go.....call us if you need help.

I had the line of death problem.  I switched to the serial interface and made sure everything was well grounded.  Haven't had the problem since.  I'm still a bit paranoid on real long cuts but the problem has not come back.  I don't know exactly what made the problem go away but the things I did were an easy enough.  The 721 cuts great, I would buy it again with no reservations.  Support on this site can really help you out if you follow the suggestions.

like I said banner, I've heard what I need to hear and have calmed down and have hope that the machine will work for me. I'm looking forward to the 31st when it is suppose to show up in the mail. Is there anything anyone suggests doing before cutting with it?

Take a valium.

Just kidding....though it might help. Just don't get frustrated. You might have to try different ports before you find one that works. It took me two hours to get it communicating,but once I did,no problems.

Oh,you didn't say which software it is coming with,but if it is SignBlazer,it WILL cut the random lines in DEMO because that's what it does. It will stop once you register.

The refine really is a cool machine. Kinda loud but I'm hearing impaired so it doesn't bother me. Makes the dog crazy though.

Like I said before,I started with a $500 machine and I estimate I'ver done well over $15,000 in business with it in the past year. Probably more.Who writes these things down? And the thing is still going strong.

In Signblazer,vectorizing is easy once you figure it out,and you will.

Thats all I am going to say.

Guest fivestar

Like I said before,I started with a $500 machine and I estimate I'ver done well over $15,000 in business with it in the past year. Probably more.Who writes these things down?

Uncle Sam don't want to hear that. ;D

Anyways, mine works great after I got all the humidity out of the room with my A/C and it just keeps churning out more and more vinyl.

Take a valium.

Just kidding....though it might help. Just don't get frustrated. You might have to try different ports before you find one that works. It took me two hours to get it communicating,but once I did,no problems.

Oh,you didn't say which software it is coming with,but if it is SignBlazer,it WILL cut the random lines in DEMO because that's what it does. It will stop once you register.

The refine really is a cool machine. Kinda loud but I'm hearing impaired so it doesn't bother me. Makes the dog crazy though.

Like I said before,I started with a $500 machine and I estimate I'ver done well over $15,000 in business with it in the past year. Probably more.Who writes these things down? And the thing is still going strong.

In Signblazer,vectorizing is easy once you figure it out,and you will.

Thats all I am going to say.

I really didn't mean to come off crappy with that post if that's how it sounded. I really am excited about getting it and I HOPE to keep using coreldraw with Sign Tools to cut because I'm so use to it at this point. If not, then I will design in it and export it to signblazer.