kkeeble

HTV on Ceramic Mug

8 hours ago, kkeeble said:

I've seen it done on mugs but wasn't sure how well it holds up.

First..... why HTV?  Why not just regular 651?  Just a thought.  Second... how could you tell it was HTV and not say 651?

• Like 1

why not sublimate and know they will last till broken . . . I've scrubbed sublimated ones with a scotchbrite pad years ago.    I have a couple of agencies that have ordered hundreds over the years - I know for a fact the year they went pad printed to save a buck they never ordered those again.  within a year they looked terrible 

• Like 1

I've used 651 on tumblers many time..I thought of dye sub but i do not have the equipment to do that which means i wold have to out source the job and pay a lot in shipping for the mugs. 

like you stated above it is not cost effective to pay shipping on the mugs from the supplier to me and then pay that shipping back to you after printing and you paying me for the print job - the value is when you own the equipment and can print them yourself.  I don't like turning down work but then again I don't like doing something that doesn't make sense just to do it.

• Like 1

because if i can get the customer to pay for the shipping with there company account it might be worth having them outsourced

I will have to think about it but would run $900 + shipping with your clean artwork and if they ship they are responsible for any breakage.    You could do it for 1/2 of that and own the equipment.  I am guessing shipping on 4 cases to be around $140ish .   Someone with a cobra set up will do it cheaper than us Ricoh people from past experience as thier printer and ink cost less

9 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

or buy the equipment and offer a known durable product in full color .  .

P4060003b.jpg

P9090032b.jpg

ok i have to ask just because im very curious,What do you need to do the print etc and other equipment  and steps to apply it in order for it to look so dang good like its laminated with clear over it  lol..wow

1 hour ago, Primal Decals said:

ok i have to ask just because im very curious,What do you need to do the print etc and other equipment  and steps to apply it in order for it to look so dang good like its laminated with clear over it  lol..wow

the products have a poly coating and the special ink turns to a gas and permanently dyes that coating so it is a very hard DURABLE surface - just print - heat and cool.

I use a sawgrass ricoh printer from uscutter and cactus wraps - the reason I use the wraps is the entire mug goes into the oven so the handle and bottom are heated the same as the rest of the mugs.   now I know some use mug presses with good results but after owning about 6 of them (2 geo knights) I could not get a good edge to edge image with no fading near the handle or bottom that suited my standards so I now run 10 cactus wraps - usually 5 in the oven and 4 cooling, remove and apply to next batch before current batch is out of the oven.  that way I can crank them out at a good rate when doing large lots

the bottom one was for one of the crew from OCC for his wife

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the products have a poly coating and the special ink turns to a gas and permanently dyes that coating so it is a very hard DURABLE surface - just print - heat and cool.

I use a sawgrass ricoh printer from uscutter and cactus wraps - the reason I use the wraps is the entire mug goes into the oven so the handle and bottom are heated the same as the rest of the mugs.   now I know some use mug presses with good results but after owning about 6 of them (2 geo knights) I could not get a good edge to edge image with no fading near the handle or bottom that suited my standards so I now run 10 cactus wraps - usually 5 in the oven and 4 cooling, remove and apply to next batch before current batch is out of the oven.  that way I can crank them out at a good rate when doing large lots

the bottom one was for one of the crew from OCC for his wife

That is way cool Dakota..