Sign in to follow this  
mach9

Buying vinyl on E-bay

Finally have my P-Cut up and running. Looks like the learning curve on the SignBlazer is gonna'  be kind of long for me. It looks like there are somepretty good deals on vinyl on E-Bay and I was wondering which sellers are the best to deal with and what types of vinyl will work best with the P-Cut. Will be doing mostly automotive and maybe some store front stuff. Thanks for your help. I love watching my P-Cut work! MJ

Have you signed up for all the free samples? I also just received my cutter and have a nice little stock of free vinyl to work with.

I took advantage of the free vinyls that were posted on this forum, which helped me also determine what vinyls I like to work with and what I don't.  I have not bought off of Ebay for vinyl. 

Jenny

I have bought off ebay... bought 8 rolls....they sent me contact paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!  comlpete waste of money... Just make sure there is a brandname so you know what your getting...I get alot from there now, just make sure they have a name.....

Maybe we should start a "who to avoid" list of eBay ID's  :thumbsup:

exactly. what's the use in saying don't buy of  ebay when we don't know who ur referencing. there r real sign comp that sell on ebay too.

haumana, go on start the thread. :thumbsup:

I wish I could 'sticky' stuff. I think we need to petition Ken or Marcus (maybe John) to help us with that.

Hmmm... I think everyone should start gathering the ID of the eBay losers that you've encountered and why... Then we'll really get a "Bad eBay sellers" list going.  :thumbsup:

I'd be willing to be a moderator  :thumbsup: I have about 7 years experience from other websites/forums I've either helped run or created.  ;D

I wish I could 'sticky' stuff. I think we need to petition Ken or Marcus (maybe John) to help us with that.

Hmmm... I think everyone should start gathering the ID of the eBay losers that you've encountered and why... Then we'll really get a "Bad eBay sellers" list going.  ;D

i like the way you think. :thumbsup:

one person's opinion on the same thing can be totally different than someone elses. I have bought vinyl from the same sellers that others called 'shelf lining' which of course,it wasn't.  Just thinner vinyl than what some of us are used to. I have used it...successfully,on many banners.

So, if you voice your opinion,it is one thing. To say a seller is bad is another.

WE all, like US Cutter and know how great they are...but they got 22 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months (out of 7548) ,and if you read those and ONLY those you would think US Cutter was very bad.

I personally don't like Oracal...does that mean it is bad? Not at all. Lots of people hate Avery but I've never had a problem.

AS I said,negative comments are one person's opinion,nothing more. I have seen people on here threaten to throw their cutters in the trash..and most of the time it is a simple setting that fixes the problem.

I wouldn't want someone calling my work crap unless I could defend it...would you?

Once again John, you make us have to think twice.  But you have made a valid point.  I LOVE Oracal!!  :thumbsup:

Jenny

I have purchased alot of vinyl from  C & C sign Co. I Have also purchased alot from Ordaway sign supply (they have a web page) very reasonable priced and fast shipping.

as banner John stated it;s each person to them self which brand you like.Ebay you can pick up some odd ends 4x50yrds very cheaply (4.99).this vinyl is not old.

just my 2cents

darrell

I'll tell you a secret about c&c...when I started buying from him, I found out that he was buying the same 50 yard rolls that I was buying from another guy on ebay...cutting it down and re-selling it. He was selling 10 yards for $7.99 and I was paying $12.99 for 50 yards of the same stuff. I got this from the guy who was selling to both of us. If you just need a little of a color,that's a good way to get it.

I'll stick with FDC, i used the oracal and wasnt real happy with it, Never bought off ebay, I buy from a supplier here local, i pay 43 bucks for 50 yards of the fdc in any color. I prefer to buy local so i can see the vinyl and look at what i am getting. I only use fellers for the expensive specialty stuff, like chrome or whatever.

I buy from a place here in texas called Regal Plastics, 817-492-8870, they have locations all over, they also will mail you what you need. Very reasonable and can get whatever you need.  I may pay a little more but i get to see what i am buying..

Guest Terry

I get all my FDC off ebay.

Terry,

Who do you get your FDC off ebay from? Would like to buy it off there but leary of buying off ebay....

i buy strictly from C&C, do you know would you mind saying who he buys from?

thanks

Wayne

well,this was about a year ago...he might have found a different source by now. If you are happy with him,stick with him. I know for sure that he doesn't sell junk. And he will back up what he sells. Check is actual website too, he sometimes sells full rolls.

Thanks John, I really like his stuff too, I think its MACTAC brand 5-7 year outdoor, but I would be interested in getting the 50 yard deal.

thanks

Wayne

If it is MacTac,it should say so on the backing paper.