Sign in to follow this  
castironrobbie

Recommend me a blade

I currently am running the trusty old r-series, as I've posted before very challenging to cut small graphics. I will be upgrading this year and want a Titan.

It's almost time to buy some new blades and I am wondering if there is a difference in blades for smaller things, or what not. I guess I never really looked into them. I currently use Roland 45 degree. Can you recommend something I could try that might cut better, more accurately, any difference at all?

Thanks guys.

Also got my heat press today. Hello to expanding a little ( I hope )

You guys rock

I switched to 60 degree seikitech blades. I have used $1 ebay blades, cc, oem and other. The seikitech blades work just as well as the more expensive blades. 

I use clean cut only less pressure and cuts like a charm..

If you pay attention and treat them nice a good quality blade will last 6 to 8 months of HEAVY cutting.  The Clean Cut blades are as high quality as there is in the world and while they may cost $10 more than a cheap blade the quality and lifespan are a bargain. Many people like the 60 degree blades since they can cut thicker material AND seem to turn corners with a little less lift. 

• Like 2

I know I'll step on some toes but I wasn't impressed by the clean cut blades I ordered. The dimensions were not to oem specification. Specifically the tapered end was larger in diameter and didn't fit well. The blades cut just fine and lasted a long time. The seikitech blades are sized like oem and last me just as long as clean cut for a third of the price. This has just been my experience and your mileage may vary. 

I use clean cut blades.  They seams to last longer and less pressure.

Blades are consumables that you should have on hand. Try out both and make your own determination. Like KYSIGN said, your mileage may vary. I actually use Summa blades in my Summa. The CC blades were equal in quality but actually cost a couple bucks more so I stuck with factory blades. Summa runs a 36 deg blade and are ridiculously tough. The point of my post was that CC makes a great blade and ALMOST everyone who runs them become lifers.