Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

product identifiers

I don't know about you eBay insisting on requiring product identifiers is a pain in the arse.

Even Amazon has stopped requiring UPC numbers, eBay must live in the same reality as Obama because it's not real world. 

I had to look this up ---  the Product Identifier is currently some sort of numerical coding printed on the packaging or labels.

They iinclude a manufacturer part number (MPN), and global trade item numbers (GTINs) — such as found within Universal Product Codes (UPCs) and International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs).

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2015/product-identifiers.html

However, I wonder how you will even be able to find that info when RFID is more widespread on retail packaging !!!

In other words, the codes are embedded within a radio chip, and not visible.

My point exactly it's useless on ebay. They think folks will search by these. They are clueless. They may get a few Google hits but that is it.

I think from what I read much earlier, is that Ebay wants to build some kind of catalog with the info..  Every thing that I have uses DOES NOT APPLY.

If you start a new Ebay selling ad, it asks for the UPC code, to help you out, even with stock photos for NEW items,,  then a lot of the info is already filled out for you including reviews for the  product.

I think from what I read much earlier, is that Ebay wants to build some kind of catalog with the info..  Every thing that I have uses DOES NOT APPLY.

If you start a new Ebay selling ad, it asks for the UPC code, to help you out, even with stock photos for NEW items,,  then a lot of the info is already filled out for you including reviews for the  product.

I agree it doesn't apply to what we do here. However they are requiring a MPN before you can update an item. Have you run into this yet ?

I revise and update stuff, no problem,,,,  If you are selling decals etc.   You should already have  DOES NOT APPLY on those ads..MPN.  If those ads have been up....This was announced months ago to do this. Maybe September. This is not new...You can do it BULK listings on that

This is what was written in Ebay  a long time ago, and is what we followed..  I found the questions about product ID s  back in June in the EBAY community,,,so probably started back then.

My products can have have several variations so adding the UPC is a pain, I guess I missed that one as being a requirement. I added Brand along time ago most have the MPN but apparently I missed a few, I guess now is the time.