Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

This has to be the worse work you have to do...

A very close friend of mine died suddenly while on duty @ 57.   Made a  wooden box for his wife and a lot of dog tags ...

Box images were all I had to work with ...

post-2057-0-81590400-1447102715_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-70469700-1447102734_thumb.jp

• Like 7

I don't like doing in memorium items, even though that was one of the things I'd hoped to capitalize on when I started...  I always feel guilty asking for money and end up giving far better deals than I should on memorial items - and so far none of them have led back to future business...   Your items look very nice, though.

• Like 1

They told us at the academy that we would have a high divorce rate, suicides and early deaths doing that work. I wish they had been wrong but hit it pretty on the head. Never gets easier. Prayers for the family

I even dislike doing someone else `s  in memory of decals even if I don`t know them.

Makes me sad....    :-(

mark-s

• Like 1

I look at it this way --- there are several occupations whose members are in positions to comfort the bereaved.

As decal makers, we will sometimes be asked to provide 'In Memoriam' designs, and it is an honor to do so, because the creation of a decal or a memorial like this one actually provides a strong element of closure, and the result is a benefit to all concerned.

The ones I've produced over the years made me feel good about being a part of their healing process.

• Like 4

I look at it this way --- there are several occupations whose members are in positions to comfort the bereaved.

As decal makers, we will sometimes be asked to provide 'In Memoriam' designs, and it is an honor to do so, because the creation of a decal or a memorial like this one actually provides a strong element of closure, and the result is a benefit to all concerned.

The ones I've produced over the years made me feel good about being a part of their healing process.

Very Well Said Dice !!!

I completely understand I just done one today for a fire truck to join or one of their members who committed suicide. It really hit hard being me and the guy also grew up together.