Sign in to follow this  
Dwild

GCC Expert 24 II or the Laser Point 2?

I'm needing a little guidance on this I am trying my best to stay within the $1,500 price range.  With the heat press and vinyl I only have about 600-700 to spend on a cutter.  I realize for this price range I will not have a servo motor.  I plan to start with the best stepper motor device I can get and then in a few months take everything I have profited and buy a good servo motor cutter.  Any help on this?

Side note: I don't know if making $1,200 profit in 3 months is reasonable?  I will be in a small town and catering to businesses, locals for shirts, and also a etsy shop.

Thanks!
-DW

you would have to call and ask  - even thought it says staff by the mods on the forum we are actually volunteers and dont work for usc

• Like 1

you would have to call and ask  - even thought it says staff by the mods on the forum we are actually volunteers and dont work for usc

Gotcha! Thanks for the quick replies, a couple of the other forums about these subjects and slow and dying off.  If I can't get the Titan 2 I will get the GCC expert 24 for a stepper motor the specs seem comparable to low end servos.

Personally...... You're going about it the wrong way. Why are you skimping on your main piece of equipment with hopes to upgrade later.

What have you spent $800-$900 on?

Your plotter will be what defines your business. It'll be the one peice of equipment that can make a job easy or a nightmare.

If it were me I'd get a cheap heat press and a few supplies and use the rest of the money on the vinyl cutter.

Many people here would agree. I think all of us have started with cheap heat presses that worked perfectly till we felt like upgrading.

But we ALL will agree to get the absoult best vinyl cutter you can right from the beginning.

• Like 5

Personally...... You're going about it the wrong way. Why are you skimping on your main piece of equipment with hopes to upgrade later.

What have you spent $800-$900 on?

Your plotter will be what defines your business. It'll be the one peice of equipment that can make a job easy or a nightmare.

If it were me I'd get a cheap heat press and a few supplies and use the rest of the money on the vinyl cutter.

Many people here would agree. I think all of us have started with cheap heat presses that worked perfectly till we felt like upgrading.

But we ALL will agree to get the absoult best vinyl cutter you can right from the beginning.

Thank you for clarifying this.  I guess we all try to be cheap every now and then.  The best I can afford is a US Cutter Titan 2 with a decent press and all the 651,631, and heat transfer vinyl I will be at my very max budget.  I am going to try and make a full time job out of this so if I can verify that I can make money in this field then I am sure I will upgrade to a Roland, Summa, or Graphtec.  Also the titan 2 is very comparable to the CE 5000.  

Thanks!

QUOTE> "Also the titan 2 is very comparable to the CE 5000."

No, it's a Saga.... the CE 5000 is a Graphtec.

True there are a good number of folks on here who are happy with the Titan but,

Graphtec has a pretty impressive performance history.

Thank you for clarifying this.  I guess we all try to be cheap every now and then.  The best I can afford is a US Cutter Titan 2 with a decent press and all the 651,631, and heat transfer vinyl I will be at my very max budget.  I am going to try and make a full time job out of this so if I can verify that I can make money in this field then I am sure I will upgrade to a Roland, Summa, or Graphtec.  Also the titan 2 is very comparable to the CE 5000.  

Thanks!

Here's some more advice......

Don't get a ton of vinyl stuff from the beginning.   You'll need some basics but for the most part just order it as you go.  It's not a good business practice to load up on material you don't even know if you're going to need. 

Starting off you'll feel like you need every color but you'll find that's the wrong approach.  People will come to you for the quality of your work and would be willing to wait a day or 2 for you to get the color you need in.   

THAT job will then pay for that color and now you'll have it for the next job and you won't have to pull any money out of your pocket.  

Every color you see in this picture was paid for by a customer.   I didn't have to paid anything out of my pocket. It takes time and patients to make this business work but you have to be smart about it.   post-69458-0-70845300-1446781408_thumb.j

• Like 1

Don't get a ton of vinyl stuff from the beginning.   You'll need some basics but for the most part just order it as you go.  It's not a good business practice to load up on material you don't even know if you're going to need. 

Starting off you'll feel like you need every color but you'll find that's the wrong approach.  People will come to you for the quality of your work and would be willing to wait a day or 2 for you to get the color you need in.   

THAT job will then pay for that color and now you'll have it for the next job and you won't have to pull any money out of your pocket.  

Every color you see in this picture was paid for by a customer.   I didn't have to paid anything out of my pocket. It takes time and patients to make this business work but you have to be smart about it.   attachicon.gifIMG_3624 (Medium).JPG

damn that picture is depressing go-c - you hung big bird :(

Every color you see in this picture was paid for by a customer.   I didn't have to paid anything out of my pocket. It takes time and patients to make this business work but you have to be smart about it.   attachicon.gifIMG_3624 (Medium).JPG

You are awesome!  I really appreciate this advice, I was thinking of only getting black and white in 3 vinyl types.  All together 6 small rolls to get started.