rebelracer8

help with an image

Hello 

I am needing help with an image that i guy wants me to put on his tow truck was wondering if anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction i will post pics of what i need and if someone could help me in finding the font for it i tried just tracing the image but it did not work how i needed it to. thanks to any info in advance

post-87091-0-42785500-1445913399_thumb.j

These fonts will set you free.

Odin St Reg

ITC Bolt Hellenic

Century 725 Black

Brush Script

Claredon Black

mark-s

• Like 5

Some of you guys creep me out how fast you recognize fonts.  I beat you eat alphabet cereal in the morning and alphabet soup the rest of the day.

• Like 4

We are of the opinion that Mark actually created the alphabet

I dont know if he created the alphabet, but I think he is on the "Font" board of directors and is the final approval on all fonts ever created. 

• Like 1

I have no idea what program you are working from but you will need to put on your study cap and spend some time learning to design. Not a simple answer for that question. This is the other side to vinyl work that you have to earn your knowledge or pay someone who already has. There are many resources out there and you will have to delve into it. (youtube is a good starting point) This is one of those points in the beginning of things where you probably should evaluate what software you have and where you want to go at the end of the day because whatever direction you head (except for just paying someone else) will require some dedication and time applied so make it count. In other words which ever software you are using you might consider if it's sufficient for your end game because if you plan to go deep into the vinyl world then an investment into the right software will save you learning one program just to turn around and have to learn it all over again if you chosen program is insufficient. I speak mostly of SCALP (sure cuts a lot pro) which has been given out a lot in the last year or two but myself and several others find it lacking for professional work but probably sufficient for the hobbyist. 

Here's how I would accomplish it in CorelDraw...

Step 1 - Layout your text the way you want it to be.  Triple check spelling, phone numbers, etc. before you continue

post-24492-0-90013400-1445971742_thumb.p

Step 2 - Add an external contour to your text in a contrasting color - adjust contour thickness to match the spacing you want around your text

post-24492-0-26346100-1445971742_thumb.p

Step 3 - Break contour group away from the original text (Ctrl-K) and then add an external contour to the first contour shape

post-24492-0-49606800-1445971741_thumb.p

Step 4 - Adjust the second contour thickness to match the outline thickness you want in your final design and then break the contour group apart (Ctrl-K), then select both contour parts you created (one red and one yellow in this example) and subtract the Front contour from the Back contour (Arrange > Shaping> Back Minus Front)

post-24492-0-64411900-1445971740_thumb.p

Step 5 - Break out your node tool and start deleting all the extraneous central bits you no longer need.

post-24492-0-56421200-1445971739_thumb.p

• Like 7

Nice write-up OW. It's interesting to compare the terms used in Corel vs AI.