Dellrose Custom Lighting

Fixin to make my first banner

Like it says in the title, I am gettin ready to make my first banner. The size will be about  2 x 5, and it will have several different colors in it. If ya'll dont mind, take a look at this and see what you think about it. Tell me if you think that it has too much or not enough. It will be used this summer when I go to some to some antique tractor shows, as I am thinking about setting up at them to see if I can sell anything.

Thanks, J. Gray

Banner Preview:

DCLBanner2Preview1-1.jpg

Like it says in the title, I am gettin ready to make my first banner. The size will be about  2 x 5, and it will have several different colors in it. If ya'll dont mind, take a look at this and see what you think about it. Tell me if you think that it has too much or not enough. It will be used this summer when I go to some to some antique tractor shows, as I am thinking about setting up at them to see if I can sell anything.

Thanks, J. Gray

Banner Preview:

DCLBanner2Preview1-1.jpg

looks good, why don't contact info center with symbols on each side, just a suggestion :)

Thanks, J. Gray

Banner Preview:

DCLBanner2Preview1-1.jpg

also put your name in the red/black or just red

is it supposed to read "Lightning" or "Lighting"?

Lightning ... that's how fast he can make them justkidding.gif

Banner looks great!

is it supposed to read "Lightning" or "Lighting"?

It's supposed to be "lighting". This is why I posted it here first, so that if I missed something maybe ya'll will find it. I will redo it with some of the suggestions that everyone made and re-post it.

I guess I will have to have a talk with my design assistant, which I am not gonna tell them who it is joe. :)  j/k

as you probably know,I've made a few banners. I like the look of yours except for one thing. The email at the bottom..by the time you get that on a banner the size you said,it's going to be very small. If this banner is going to be a sign to be seen from the street,etc... I would make it as plain and easy to read as possible. I will admit to having worn out,tired eyes,but I would have to be within a few feet of that to read it.

Just a suggestion...if it was a business card it would be great but for a banner, sometimes you waste space if it doesn't do what you want it to do.

The web address is actually bigger (1.66" h) than the descriptions under (1.45" h). In your professional opinion, do you think that I should take the web address out and make the description a tad bit bigger?? I will just be using at stuff like the tractor shows where I will have my cutter setup, so people will just be walking by as it will be on the county fairgrounds and at our fire station.

I like the graphics split with the pertinent stuff in the middle.

I think if you stick with a single color for your name, phone, and website it would look a lot cleaner. I have to spend a little more time and effort to read it to get past the shadowing effect.

Other than that, I think it looks great!

The web address is actually bigger (1.66" h) than the descriptions under (1.45" h). In your professional opinion, do you think that I should take the web address out and make the description a tad bit bigger?? I will just be using at stuff like the tractor shows where I will have my cutter setup, so people will just be walking by as it will be on the county fairgrounds and at our fire station.

I make LOTS of banners for events like that..my own opinion..leave the email and phone number off altogether and get yourself a business card display holder and keep some up front. It's really not necessary for that kind of use.

I like the graphics split with the pertinent stuff in the middle.

I think if you stick with a single color for your name, phone, and website it would look a lot cleaner. I have to spend a little more time and effort to read it to get past the shadowing effect.

Other than that, I think it looks great!

I have to agree with you about having the name in the center and the graphics on the sides of it. It does look a lot better that way.

So you say that I might need to do it without the shadows?

I think I still like your name, number and email without shadowing.

If you're planning on leaving the five colors at the bottom of the banner, I would make them all equal widths ... that's just the a/r in me  ;D

I think it looks great!

I agree with NO shadowing of your name, phone & email.  Just plain ole red!!

I noticed graphics was misspelled, but someone caught that already. I still don't know if I'd have 4 graphics on the banner, it makes it so busy........but just my opinion.  But I love the changes since the initial first banner..........GOOD JOB!!

Can't wait to see it completed.

Jenny

Guest gracewriter

I like the second one best with your info centered, looks a lot cleaner.  I also agree to take off the shadow as it's too hard to read.  I'd leave the graphics (anything that is not letters, in other words pictures) because it helps people understand what you can do.  But I might suggest you make them smaller so the sign dosn't look too busy.

I learned a long time ago when you are trying to get someone's attention in an ad, not only write what you do but show them a picture of it as well.  My business increased ten-fold when I put in a graphic/picture of what I did....and yellow was the color that pulled in a lot of business.  They were paper flyers so I don't know if this would work the same way as banners.

Well, I just made up another preview. I changed the main title color and contact info to yellow, mainly just to see what it would look like. As for the bars that are on the bottom, they will be there just to help me line everything up on the bottom so they will be half way straight. If you think it would look better i a different color, let me know and I will try it out.

Preview 6:

DCLBanner6Preview.jpg

I never,ever do yellow on white without outlining it. Believe me,it doesn't stand out. I think what Gracewriter meant was her flyers were yellow. And yes,if the banner itself were yellow,it will stand out.

BannerJohn, here is another one. I changed all of the yellow back to red. After looking at them side by side I can see what you was talking about, the yellow is a little bit harder to see.

Preview:

DCLBanner7Preview.jpg

good deal. I think it looks much better that way. Yellow is great if you outline it but really washes out otherwise.

I think as it is now is the best it has been and I would go for it. Maybe a few smaller graphics in the upper corners.

Here is a tip I learned from a guy I played several festivals with. He takes pieces of coroplast and does small versions of his most popular selling graphics on the coroplast as a display. People really like seeing them attached to something and at eye level.

I like that idea. It does make sense and good advertising. I have several pieces of coroplast at the shop and I think that I will be doing in the next few days so that I will have something for any of my customers to look at.