Sign in to follow this  
DCMoney

They're Finally In!

Figures it happens a day before a race weekend, will be too busy loading the trailer to play with them...

11738021_393687127491049_684369287178754

Most likely it will probably be the fastest I've ever loaded the trailer!

Extremely happy to be upgrading from my $250 15x15 swinging Chinese press!

• Like 2

Seriously GREEN with envy here!

Sue2

Sweet toys! Be sure and give us a good product evaluation with the good the bad and the awesome. Nothing better than a hands on real world review. 

• Like 1

Got to play with one of them last night before going to bed. Its going to be so much better than my china press! They were sold as a set for a killer deal, will probably end up selling one of them but I haven't decided yet.

First impressions, super heavy duty! The swing motion is really smooth, love that there's a swing stop to position the top exactly over the platen each time. Pressing the two buttons is so nice! Its a lot quieter than I was expecting, the one video of the press running on youtube it seems to have an extra loud blow off. I was a little worried but had a plan to run the exhaust out of my basement but after running it its not necessary. My old press made a lot more noise.

Bad, it weighs a ton!

Had time to shoot a short video just demoing the press, didn't feel like waiting the 15 seconds I had set on the 2nd timer so interrupted those but it it run for the 3 second first timer.

Air line will be ran through the wall eventually.

• Like 1

Lucky man that will be a lot less fatigue that's for sure and waaaaay better than the Chinese presses. 

Yeah I cant wait, the china one would have to be adjusted almost every press because it would tighten up while rotating the top heating platen out of the way.

Ordered a part this morning online from Geo Knight and received a call an hour later asking if I really wanted 3 day shipping and that ground would arrive in the same amount of time but at 1/3 the cost. I must say thats the first time that has happened. Really happy with my choice so far!

• Like 1

I didn't want the air option due to working in my house but almost went with the manual knight press. I never read any review that wasn't happy with them. I know the feeling of going from the chinese to the top end and it's pretty great. Just having a working pressure gauge is enough to bring a big fat smile. 

• Like 1

Finally got everything set up and in the spot I think I want it. Airline ran and hid, might make an adapter block and do away with the hose hanging out the hole but for now it works.

Wife is the one that normally does all the pressing did about 50 shirts yesterday and said it was the easiest 50 shirts she had ever done.

20150725_143232_zps7q3z1gqo.jpg

20150725_221120_zpstbpyvrmv.jpg

20150725_221049_zps2h3zykaf.jpg

• Like 1

Seriously way too much empty space there....

you need more equipment!

;D

• Like 4

Seriously way too much empty space there....

you need more equipment!

;D

Ha! We have a lot of unused space in the basement, all of it but a small section where the furnace and what heater is is unfinished.

Ive been thinking of buying a printer, but most of my purchases go 6 months to a year before I finally commit.