Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

I really need a drink

I'm sure some of you have been through something like this same thing but here goes. I have a customer that asked me to make him an edge lit glass object. I furnished him with a low resolution picture of what the finished product would look like. True, the picture was only black and white and told him I have red, blue and green LED's. I also told him that I could "frost" parts of the finished etching to make it look semi tinted and it would all be one color. I heard back from him today and he wants the outline of the shape black and certain areas of it blue with some white areas also. I responded to him by telling him again that it will only be one color.  By the way, so far a dozen texts back and forth. I'm waiting for text 13. 

Make mine Rum and Coke!!

• Like 3

Go with Captain Morgan on this one. Do you have something else you have built you can send him a pic of so he will understand?

Just finished text #18. He will get back to me and let me know what colors he wants.

Make mine a double, bartender.

. Do you have something else you have built you can send him a pic of so he will understand?

I might make one my way anyway. It is a cool looking graphic. Then I'll show it to him and if he takes it OK. If not, I'll keep it for myself and use it for a sample until it sells. 

Bartender, Hold that second drink!!

• Like 1

Update. He finally got it. I'll start on it in the morning.

• Like 1

what thickness material are you using....I've done a couple 2 color projects using 2 seperate pieces and then gluing them together....Etch part of the design on piece A then the rest on piece B....Stack them together and light them individualy...Of course you have to look at it head on but it works....And I can't for the life of me find any pictures

I've been using 3/32 and 1/8 glass. I'll give some thought to your process. Thanks