Sign in to follow this  
cadi1

Letter sizes

Hi.  I am a newbie using sure cuts a lot and a uscutter Titan2.  I need to make letters that are simple Uppercase letters that are 13" tall and   2 3/4. wide.  So if I were cutting an I  it would be 13" by 2 3/4.  I am able to get them 13" tall but they are only 2" wide.  I have searched the forum and the program but just do not see how to do this.  I hope someone can help.  Thanks

In SCALP, in the position and size window, where you made the letter 13" tall, right under that is a block that links width and height together.  Uncheck the block and then you can change H & W independantly.

Cal

• Like 1

Do you mean the keep proportions box?  That is unchecked   and even when I drag on the letter the width of the letter doesn't change.

You also wrote when in scal.  So how do I get to scal?  Sorry for the dumb questions but I need help to learn this.  Thanks

Hi.  I am a newbie using sure cuts a lot and a uscutter Titan2.  I need to make letters that are simple Uppercase letters that are 13" tall and   2 3/4. wide.  So if I were cutting an I  it would be 13" by 2 3/4.  I am able to get them 13" tall but they are only 2" wide.  I have searched the forum and the program but just do not see how to do this.  I hope someone can help.  Thanks

Recommend downloading and installing SignBlazer ELEMENTS and start designing and cutting in that environment, things might go easier for you.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

• Like 1

So responding to the answer about letter sizes-- I have searched for the answer  but I can't get the letter right.  The letters are to skinney but they are13"tall.  I have tried to change the width but it does not change the letter.  Thanks

OK, try changing the letter width by entering kit into the size box. Uncheck the "keep proportion" box and right above that it gives the actual H and W. Place your cursor in there and make W whatever you want it to be.

If your measurements are not in inches, go to your menu bar at the top and hit Sure Cuts A Lot. A fly out menu should pop out where you select Preferences. You can change up different items there.

Cal

Also, you must have the letter "selected" (a box around it).