kkeeble

Decal for a Boat.. Pricing...

Here is a decal that i need to quote for a customer. Never did multi layer vinyl before.. I'm thinking around $100 installed.. Let me know if you think im too high or too low.

3 Layers..Green back ground, White for the middle and Orange for the foreground. Decal is 28" x 5" All material is oracal 651.

Thanks

post-88414-0-80800300-1432831102_thumb.p

Sounds fair to me if it is a local job where you dont have to remove an old decal. I would personally charge $80 - 110.

**By the way, that is for rural PA pricing. Alot of shops or professionals would charge more for their labour. I factor in around $30/hr at my putzing around speed.

**** Also, some boats have wax or built up residue on them that takes a long time to clean. Might want to ask the client to clean it before hand or charge more to compensate

• Like 1

Thanks... 

he is a local guy.. the boat is suppose to be ready for me to apply the decal but you know how that goes... you show up and the customer didn't do it...

my question is - Is the boat white ? Can you do without that layer and let the white boat(if it is white) show thru  and offset the green and do just 2 colors. ? Any thoughts on that anyone?

• Like 1

The green might blend in to much with the blue.

If the order of the colors can be changed, I might go white background, green middle color and then orange. That way the white doesn't get lost in the blue like the green might.

This is a fresh water boat.. i dont see why i cant go with 651 over 751.. Dont get me wrong 751 will last longer but will cost more for the customer.. Im sure he will not like the price on 651 already...but i dont work for free either...

Yikes! As mentioned before at a minimum I too would choose the 751 and personally I would step something like this up to 951. There are a lot more things going on than just adhering to the boat. Massive amounts of expansion and contraction and the exposure to reflected rays all on top of the regular bathing it's going to take. Why would anyone with a boat nice enough to put a name on it want to scrimp on something like this? The cost in materials on a 28" decal are negligible even at three layers. You can buy 751 by the yard so you don't have to invest in a whole roll or you can get 951 or it's equivalent locally by the yard as well in most parts of the country. 

• Like 1

I didn't mean to sound ignorant with the last post, just didn't fully understand the different aspect between the 651 and the 751.. Didn't take the affects on the water..

Thank you for the input.. i will use at a minimum 751...

751 is a really good product and I use it almost all the time on vehicles. I do occasionally use some 651 maybe for a small window decal but it won't handle things as well long term. A little decal or something is no big deal but something like that all layered you will get better life out of the cast and your customer will be happier longer. I use 651 almost exclusively for semi-permanent signage (signboards and coroplast) and what few banners I do. 

• Like 1