Sign in to follow this  
Topper

Airbrushed Helmet

Hey guys I airbrushed this onto a baseball helmet. It has not been clear coated yet, let me know what you guys think, good or bad. This is my first helmet, I want to get into doing motorcycle tanks and helmets.

post-1969-12986518071733_thumb.jpg

post-1969-12986518085381_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

That looks awesome, I'd like to get into airbrushing but I can't draw a straight line with a ruler ;)

Yeah the airbrush is a ton of fun, here is a picture of my setup swaneejuggalo. I have 9 airbrushes that I hook up to my manifold seen in the picture which connects to my aircompressor. Makes it easy for color changes. I have 7 - Iwata Eclispe-BCS's, 1 - Iwata HP-A, and a HP-C.

post-1969-12986518114877_thumb.jpg

post-1969-12986518129828_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

looks great, was it the real fire template you used, it's tough at first try or you get the swiss cheese look. covering the top with candy glow orange and clear really blends everything in.

Most of the time, I feel like I have some decent talent... until someone like Topper posts a thread like this. Looks great... thanks for making me feel like a complete n00b all-over again.  ;)

Thanks for all the input everyone! Terry, I made my own fire template, just cut some rounded corners on some paper. I figure it would work just as good as the real thing.

Most of the time, I feel like I have some decent talent... until someone like Topper posts a thread like this. Looks great... thanks for making me feel like a complete n00b all-over again.  ;)

You though you had talent? hahaha you must be kidding right?

;D

Most of the time, I feel like I have some decent talent... until someone like Topper posts a thread like this. Looks great... thanks for making me feel like a complete n00b all-over again.  :)

;D

WOW  ;)

Yeah the airbrush is a ton of fun, here is a picture of my setup swaneejuggalo. I have 9 airbrushes that I hook up to my manifold seen in the picture which connects to my aircompressor. Makes it easy for color changes. I have 7 - Iwata Eclispe-BCS's, 1 - Iwata HP-A, and a HP-C.

That's a really nice setup.  I used to do a bit of airbrushing myself, but I only had 1 airbrush (not 9). ;)  I really need to get back into it.

;D

Oh... you've just declared WAR!!!

We'll finish this in another thread, instead of hi-jacking Topper's thread.

Nothing to see here, people... move along.

firemalt, I was just kidding, I hope you know that  :)

I couldnt sleep last night, I had nightmares of a one-arm man with a mask  on a motorcycle pursuing me with a machete trying to kill me  :'( Im dead tired now  :)

I hope there's no war, but if you still want it, then BRING IT ON!!!  :)

JC

Guest Terry

I couldnt sleep last night, I had nightmares of a one-arm man with a mask  on a motorcycle pursuing me with a machete trying to kill me  :'( Im dead tired now  :)

I hope there's no war, but if you still want it, then BRING IT ON!!!  ;D

JC

gotta love it, LOL

I hope there's no war, but if you still want it, then BRING IT ON!!!  :)

JC

You know I have to ask ... were you being pursued while on your tiny bicycle?  ;D

Yes haumana  :)

I've been wondering how a one-arm guy can drive a bike and hold up a machete at the same time...hmmmm crazy huh?

I can do finger painting, and paint by numbers. Does this count as talent?  :)