Sign in to follow this  
RemodelQueen

Saving Work Space

I am pretty new to this program but have experience in others and I have been really trying to learn all the bells and whistles to this particular one. One of the features I saw and thought how great it was, was saving your favorite work space set up. How great is it to bring up your program and just click "my Work Space" and have all your setting just right and everything right where you like it. Except mine never returns. I have saved it 10 different ways but every time I close out my program and bring it back, "my Work Space" is not there.Is this a feature that is only as long as you don't close out the program? That seems silly, why would I bother to save it if it isn't saved.

Maybe it is a glitch in my program?

I just did it and it worked for me.  I am using the Demo that I downloaded from UScutter.  ..I went to CUTTER> MAT SIZE>CUSTOM>  entered in my custom size. CHECKED THE BOX for SAVE PRESET,  then I gave the Custom size a name  Then clicked ok..... I closed out  and shut down SCALP,  Opened back up again and it was there above the CUSTOM SIZE drop down. And is listed in the big box to the left.   I only had to do it 1 time...

Mine works as well, Queen. I set up the workspace the way I want it, including mat size and what windows/tool bars I want opened, and then go up to the Window Menu> Workspace> Save Workspace  and then I just click save, so it's still titled "My Workspace" That makes it the default setup when you open the program. If you rename it when you save, I think it will still default to the "my Workspace" option and you'll have to select the one you want each time. 

I do save the custom mat size under a different name, but whatever mat size and orientation you have loaded will save when you click Save Workspace. I've done this successfully on SCALP 3 & 4 so far.

Custom mat sizes have always saved for me (like Skeeter noted) it is the WINDOWS-MY WORKSPACE that has not (Like PZen noted). But I have always tried to set a custom name for it. I will try saving as the default "My Workspace" tonight and report back.

Great chatter, Thank-You.